DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Issues with exposure

Zivs

Reactions
Hello All!

Recently I have been trying to take better hyper lapses with the Zoom and I'm getting some awesome results. While buying the Zoom I thought I was buying the better of the 2 drones but it turns out that my lack of photography and video knowledge really showed. Regardless I still love the Mavic 2 Zoom, but I am encountering an issue, which brings me here. I'm quite interested in taking sunset hyper lapses and they are coming out pretty great since I started incorporating Lightroom for editing. I'm still learning what things mean, but I have an issue while in manual mode, the camera still seems to be doing auto adjustments. I thought maybe I spoofed one lapse and left it on auto but after reconstructing the shot a few evenings later, it still occurs. It also occurred where one frame had vastly different color than the rest on a bright sunny day while using ETTR technique for a completely unrelated hyper lapse. I have created a basic video for YouTube where it shows the auto drone generated video, my edited video, followed by my most recent reconstruction. Really could use some help on this seeing as I honestly don't know a single thing about editing, but am trying to learn. This one just has me scratching my head.

Thanks, Zivs

Each one of them had moments...different in each one that were really nicely done...overall I liked the second one the best
Thank you! Hopefully the video illustrates my issue though. While these sunsets are rather bland, I haven't had a good day to have a breathtaking shot yet. I'm hoping to have this resolved before that perfect day rolls around haha.

The first one was barely noticeable, You could definitely see it in the other two. I would be curious to find out if the sensor is an issue or if it's the software. I wouldn't think that a noticeable jump like that would be a dynamic range issue between shots.

The first one was barely noticeable, You could definitely see it in the other two. I would be curious to find out if the sensor is an issue or if it's the software. I wouldn't think that a noticeable jump like that would be a dynamic range issue between shots.
I am almost wondering if it is the aperture or something. My understanding is that you don't have control over the aperture but it still adjusts. Something that I have found in my recent shots is that if I use automatic settings then lock the AE, it seems to help fix this issue a little. Now one of my biggest issues is with noise but I'm slowly getting better at correcting that. Here is my most recent sunset vid.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb