DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom just stops when going full speed in normal mode (not sports mode)

Bamboo

Reactions
Hello

I was shooting today and went full speed forward and several times the drone just stopped. It then said something like 'release the joystick and start again' (thats obviously not the exact thing it said). When i did that the drone continued flying perfectly fine until the next time i went again full speed. Then the same thing happened. No obstacles anywhere near.

What could the reason be?

Thanks for your help!

Iv had a situation like that too-
It was followed after an Error that the ATTITUDE of the Drone was too high-

Yeah Attitude !
… Ie Possibly in High Wind Conditions- (if I remember)
(The drone was Pitching sideways in the wind in Hover)

Then when Moving off in the same direction it pitched MORE !

- it only happened when Flying into the wind ...

Last edited:
...I was shooting today and went full speed forward and several times the drone just stopped. It then said something like 'release the joystick and start again' (thats obviously not the exact thing it said). When i did that the drone continued flying perfectly fine until the next time i went again full speed. Then the same thing happened. No obstacles anywhere near.

What could the reason be?...
Possibly flying towards the sun?
^^^ This. Flying toward a low sun, especially over water, will trigger a false OA positive and quick stop. The reason it happened at full speed was likely because the change of angle. You can either put it in Sport mode or turn off OA.

My mav pro 2 doing the same thing. I have screen videos. Multiple calls with DJI. They had me ship it to them. Waiting on results.

Reactions: Bamboo
I've had this problem shooting in low light when approaching sunset, the OA system was generating warnings and when the drone was flying full speed it would come up with the error to release sticks as it was braking. It's fine otherwise so I'd try again in good light and see if it does the same.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242