DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom lens cover.

OldGuy

Reactions
It may seem to be a simple question but I have never seen any reference to exactly what I am removing from my M2Z when I install an ND filter. The M2Z comes with what appears to be a plain glass cover over the camera lens. I would expect at least a skylight or an UV filter! Would someone please shed some light on this for me?

Reactions: RZR12
Look at this (fast fwd to 3:02)...

You don’t need the tool they have, I can do it with fingers;some find that a latex or nitrile glove gives them a better grip to remove the filter.

According to Polar Pro the stock filter is a UV filter.

I can get it off ok. I just want to know what it is I am removing. Is it plain glass or some kind of filter?

I would expect at least a skylight or an UV filter!
Hopefully neither. Hopefully it's plain glass intended to protect the front of the [often fast moving] lens.

While I could live with the UV filter I'd be pretty peeved if it was an [image changing] Skylight.

I believe it's UV filter.

I would presume there is some lens measuring tool which could determine if it is doing something ACTIVE or just plain glass. And I have almost no doubt that someone in this group has such a tool! (g)

I’d recommend using your time changing the filter, adjusting your pic/vid settings (which are separate) and flying.... rather than trying to figure it out. Even plain glass has some UV blocking (not much).

As mentioned by others, it is a UV (ultra violet filter). It reduces slightly the blue cast from the sun’s ultraviolet light. Really not noticeable normally. More importantly, it protects the front surface of the lens. In the case of damage that you cannot clean, it is much cheaper to replace the uv filter, than the front element of the lens.

Ok. Thanks for that.

I think those are pretty lame answers! I think someone (DJI) should be able to tell us what the original lenses do other than protect!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhop786