DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom multi charger

marksavill

Reactions
Hi all

Got a Mavic 2 zoom with the flymore kit but as we all know the multi charger only does one battery at a time.

I'm after a good charger that can do all 3 batterys at one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

After watching endless YT videos on which multi charger to buy, I ended up buying a POS charger By RCGeek that I’m fairly certain damaged 3 of my 5 mavic-2 batteries.
This is the charger I should have purchased first off.
FYI, One of my buddies has it and it works as described.

Hi all

Got a Mavic 2 zoom with the flymore kit but as we all know the multi charger only does one battery at a time.

I'm after a good charger that can do all 3 batterys at one.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Google FstopLabs,Mavic2 charger,it has 3 leads for batteries and 2 USB ports,I own one and it works great,charges all 3 batteries at once and fast,will charge the controller as well at the same time but I have noticed the controller doesn't charge as fast as the dji one.
Good luck,
Bob

This is the charger I’m using works great no problems with it at all.

Attachments

• D8AAD4A2-1E46-48D6-9609-5DDE9A328361.png
    D8AAD4A2-1E46-48D6-9609-5DDE9A328361.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: marksavill
Already posted on a multi charger that wrecked one DJI battery for my new Mavic 2 pro.
So I am sticking with DJI chargers until absolutely sure that it is safe to try third party makes again.
I am wondering if the third party chargers do or can actually damage batteries over time as their charge rates may be too much for the batteries. in the long run. There seems to be an awful lot of posts about batteries swelling up, some, after very few charges! Slower charge rates and less depletion of the batteries during a flight may well extend battery life.

I am reminded of Toyota cars. They produced a car called the Prius some years ago, I had one. It came with a guarantee of 12 years on the car propulsion battery. At that time the main propulsion battery was set to allow only about 200 yards on battery alone before the petrol engine cut back in. Later cars had their guarantee updated to cover only 7 years from new. This came about at the same time as Toyota altered the allowed propulsion by battery only to allow about half a mile rather than the 200 yards.
So in effect the lower the charge capacity dropped in the battery during battery propulsion was the cause of the batteries to fail sooner.

Reactions: marksavill
Already posted on a multi charger that wrecked one DJI battery for my new Mavic 2 pro.
So I am sticking with DJI chargers until absolutely sure that it is safe to try third party makes again.
I am wondering if the third party chargers do or can actually damage batteries over time as their charge rates may be too much for the batteries. in the long run. There seems to be an awful lot of posts about batteries swelling up, some, after very few charges! Slower charge rates and less depletion of the batteries during a flight may well extend battery life.

I am reminded of Toyota cars. They produced a car called the Prius some years ago, I had one. It came with a guarantee of 12 years on the car propulsion battery. At that time the main propulsion battery was set to allow only about 200 yards on battery alone before the petrol engine cut back in. Later cars had their guarantee updated to cover only 7 years from new. This came about at the same time as Toyota altered the allowed propulsion by battery only to allow about half a mile rather than the 200 yards.
So in effect the lower the charge capacity dropped in the battery during battery propulsion was the cause of the batteries to fail sooner.

Good point I dident think of that. It just does my head in it takes about 3 hrs to charge all 3 of my batterys ?

Have you looked into DJI's charging hub? It is working very well for me. You can charge up to 4 batteries at a time.Screenshot_20200607-082716.jpeg

Personally never needed to charge all my batteries at once, so never looked into it seriously. I read some horror stories about damage to batteries with chargers that claim to charge all the batteries at once.

For my mavic, I purchased a 20$ off brand multibattery charger (charges one at a time) and it has worked without any issues so far.

Yes I have that device. As you say it only charges one battery at a time, but I am looking into a different method now. I posted a solution specific to me earlier. I have a LiFePo3 battery that I use for astronomy gear. So as it is in the summer I have made an sdapter just to plug in a car charger (DJI make). So one more DJI car charger allows me to charge two batteries anywhere. It could be adapted further to charge up to 3 batteries simultaneously. Very costly as the DJI c ar chargers hwere in the UK are £72 each!!

Yes I have that device. As you say it only charges one battery at a time, but I am looking into a different method now. I posted a solution specific to me earlier. I have a LiFePo3 battery that I use for astronomy gear. So as it is in the summer I have made an sdapter just to plug in a car charger (DJI make). So one more DJI car charger allows me to charge two batteries anywhere. It could be adapted further to charge up to 3 batteries simultaneously. Very costly as the DJI c ar chargers hwere in the UK are £72 each!!

Nice I got a car charger with my Mavic 2 flymore kit. Don't know if I ever use it but nice to have one just incase!

Reactions: Physopto
Nice I got a car charger with my Mavic 2 flymore kit. Don't know if I ever use it but nice to have one just incase!

Yes that is where mine came from. Ridiculously expensive on their own though. Means I can recharge out in the field. 40 Ah goes a long way :D

I bought one of these in February fore $55 US and it has been flawless. I can charge 4 batteries and the RC at the same time and no perceptible increase in the charge time. I'm sad to see that Amazon shows this as "Currently unavailable"
Hanatora Battery Charger

Reactions: Physopto

The Prius, both past and present has a different purpose in using it's battery than a quad copter. The Prius uses electric power to supplement the deficiencies of gasoline power, such as torque at low speeds, eliminating idle when not in motion, and recouping energy during braking.
In a quad, we want and use all the capacity we can get, particularly at the fully charged side of the spectrum. The closer you get to 100%, the more you age the battery, especially at high temperatures.

I owned a 2004 Prius and currently own a 2016. I haven't studied the 2016, but I had completely studied the tech manuals for the 2004, and participated in technical discussions on PriusChat and PriusOnline.

The 2004 and for several years after, NiMH batteries were used and not LiIon or LiPos. NiMH are much less picky about charge/discharge conditions compared to Li type rechargeables.
Nevertheless, in both cases the Prius doesn't use the entire capacity of the battery. It is in using the extreme limits of a battery that stresses it the most, and since the Prius is not intended to provide all its power electrically, it has no need to completely use all its capacity. Instead it targets keeping the charge level at the halfway point. There's about a 10% margin (or at least it was 10% when NiMH was used) of absolute capacity at both ends of the absolute capacity of the battery that the Prius never uses or can consider using, and a margin within the programmed usable capacity that it avoids using. It's really hard to get 8 bars or 0 bars on the capacity display.

It is also unfair to base battery life only by years for any battery, particularly one in automotive use. Miles travelled and the nature of those miles (all highway, all city, or a balanced mix) has a huge factor on the aging of the battery.

Most if not all of the battery charging is controlled by the battery itself, so in theory the so called charger shouldn't affect the life of the battery. It's effectively just a power supply. If a third party charger was the cause of damaging a battery, I'd be curious as to why.
The only criteria I can think of is that some have found/suspected some third party chargers putting out a lower voltage than OEM charger, so the battery reaches 100% at a lower capacity than it's capable of, but that shouldn't be permanent, and actually could prolong the life of the battery.

Swelling tendencies for the M2 batteries based on statistics seem to gravitate towards:
First few batches of batteries manufactured (July/August 2018)
High storage temperatures (the most reports were in last year's summer months)
Leaving batteries fully charge too long, particularly in conjunction with being stored at higher temperatures such as trunk of a car while left fully charged.

In my case the third party charger was poorly manufactured. The terminals in connection to the Mavic battery were far too thick and when I pushed the battery into the connector crushed down two of the receptive connectors. There was no feeling of this happening at all. I was lucky in that I saw the damage before putting the battery into the drone. When I saw the damage I obviously wondered why as they were brand new. After examining the DJI charger it was quite obvious. An expensive lesson to learn.

I bought one of these in February fore $55 US and it has been flawless. I can charge 4 batteries and the RC at the same time and no perceptible increase in the charge time. I'm sad to see that Amazon shows this as "Currently unavailable"
Hanatora Battery Charger
I also have the Hanatora charger and so far it has work great. Love that I can bring the batteries to 50% for storage. All 4 batteries from 10% to 100% takes about 90 minutes.

Reactions: Physopto and Bobvt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580