DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom problem

Tyger48

Reactions
Just got my Zoom today. Did everything according to quick start guide and a few YouTube videos. As soon as I turn on RC, it comes up Mag Interf Check App. I go through the app setting everything until I get to Activate, then it comes up activation failed Network Error. I've driven all over the place trying it to no avail. I'm using an iPhone X if that means anything. I've also read all of the topics on this and tried everything, No Dice. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd hate to have to send it back already.

I normally get mag interference when im too close to metal objects , eg park benches , metal structures. try in the middle of a local park football pitches are good

Make sure the arms are unfolded and that there is nothing magnetic (or even large metal objects like cars) near the drone. The error is caused by magnetic interference. When the arms are folded in, the motors being so close to the sensors can cause it. Also if your case or anything has magnetic closures and is nearby, that can also cause it...

Otherwise it could be a bad magnetic sensor...

Brad

Thanks for the replies. I'll try it at a more open area.... I have the arms unfolded so it might be something else causing it. I do have a cell tower about 1/4 mile away. Could that be doing it?

You probably already did this, but you did not mention if you calibrated the compass. Also, when you calibrate the compass, make sure you are outside & away from any metal/magnets etc. I have seen errors where someone calibrated the compass near a metal building, but then when they moved away from it, it threw that error.

Last edited:
You probably already did this, but you did not mention if you calibrated the compass. Also, when you calibrate the compass, make sure you are outside & away from any metal/magnets etc. I have seen errors where someone calibrated the compass near a metal building, but then when they moved away from it, it threw that error.
Not sure how to calibrate compass. I can't get the app activated...is there a way to do this some other way? Thanks

To activate, the app has to have access to the internet and logged into your DJI account. Once activated, it is no longer necessary to have internet in order to fly. App will stay "logged in" until you explicitly log it out, or clear it's data.

To activate, the app has to have access to the internet and logged into your DJI account. Once activated, it is no longer necessary to have internet in order to fly. App will stay "logged in" until you explicitly log it out, or clear it's data.
That's the problem, I can't activate it. Keeps coming up network error. I've tried it all over the place. Not sure what's going on.

Your device is required to be connected to the internet to activate
Yes, I'm connected to internet. I get through everything on the DJI Go 4 app until it comes to the activate page, which I believe is the next to last, it then keeps coming activation failed-Network error along with the RC having Magnetic Interference-Check App constantly. I'm going try on the iPad mini I just got and see if that helps. Thanks for all the help. I greatly appreciate it.

Ty

Got it working. There was an update on the app that wasn't showing up for me yesterday. Everything working fine now. Just wanted to thank everyone for all of the replies and suggestions.

Thanks Again
Ty

Reactions: Gindra
@Tyger48 .... Try it with hardwire connection to your computer.
Activation has to be done from the app which is only available in iOS and Android, and has to be done with the AC communicating with the app through the RC.
You can create your DJI account from a PC, but OP's problem is activation and that can't be done from a PC.

Activation has to be done from the app which is only available in iOS and Android, and has to be done with the AC communicating with the app through the RC.
You can create your DJI account from a PC, but OP's problem is activation and that can't be done from a PC.
Worked on my iMac hardwired for my M2P after account was created... maybe it’s been changed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike