DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC 2 ZOOM SIGNAL PROBLEMS

josecerv

Reactions
Greetings.
Im not sure, but after the last firmware upgrade, the signal has been limited to 500mts.
In the same place, the same route i used to fly before, i got about 2100mts long with acceptable signal, and no problem in video and RC signal.
Now i cannot fly more than 500mts, it keeps telling "weak signal" everytime from the 400mts and near the 500 i get "signal lost" messages.
I thought i could be interference but no, went to other open wide place with linear sight to the drone and same happens, also i have elevated the drone up above my head and i lost signal near 500 mts height.
Is this a new limitation from DJI?

No problems here with signal in Tacoma, Washington. Have you dropped your remote or the Zoom itself? The antenna are simply clicked in and can pop out if dropped. If not, check to see if there is a new smartphone tower recently gone live in your area or someone using to many watts on the 5.8ghz/2.4ghz band and causing havoc. Sorry to hear and good luck on figuring what it is.

Dear josecerv. When did this happen. I had the same problems with my Mavic 2 Pro on and around June 15. I had just updated the firmware in my Smart Controller and suspected that. After trying several "fixes," I thought to check the Kp index on that date and found that there was quite a bit of solar activity then which resulted in Kp = 5 for several hours and Kp = 4 for about 9 hours. I ordinarily check the index before flying but forgot that day. Here is a link to a site that carries historical Kp values.

No problems here with signal in Tacoma, Washington. Have you dropped your remote or the Zoom itself? The antenna are simply clicked in and can pop out if dropped. If not, check to see if there is a new smartphone tower recently gone live in your area or someone using to many watts on the 5.8ghz/2.4ghz band and causing havoc. Sorry to hear and good luck on figuring what it is.
Hello Dag thank you.
My drone hit accidentally a tree branches and it got stucked, i had to climb it to recover it. but anyway after that event (about 1.5 month ago) the drone was reaching the 2.1 - 2.3 km far with no problems in the signal,
this signal troubles appeared since 2 weeks ago, and thinking about what you have said, maybe if the antenna connectors has released time after that event, I could check it,
Since i have no warranty in my country (Ecuador) because i have bought it on the USA and of course i dont have DJI tech support here, where can i find a technnical guide to open the drone and check it? (im a telecom enginner so im acquainted to electronics)
Thanks for yout time.

Dear josecerv. When did this happen. I had the same problems with my Mavic 2 Pro on and around June 15. I had just updated the firmware in my Smart Controller and suspected that. After trying several "fixes," I thought to check the Kp index on that date and found that there was quite a bit of solar activity then which resulted in Kp = 5 for several hours and Kp = 4 for about 9 hours. I ordinarily check the index before flying but forgot that day. Here is a link to a site that carries historical Kp values.
Thanks for your replay.
I have realized 15 days ago when i was taking pictures from a land fo a real state company, about 5 hectares, I had to move myself all time because of this signal trouble. Man im new in this KP index, never heard before, and after my research done about this topic, i did my test: yesterday it was supposed that kp index were 2 in my place, but had the same trouble, no more than 550mts this time. Thank you! i have learned something new with you: check kp index before flying.

Hello Dag thank you.
My drone hit accidentally a tree branches and it got stucked, i had to climb it to recover it. but anyway after that event (about 1.5 month ago) the drone was reaching the 2.1 - 2.3 km far with no problems in the signal,
this signal troubles appeared since 2 weeks ago, and thinking about what you have said, maybe if the antenna connectors has released time after that event, I could check it,
Since i have no warranty in my country (Ecuador) because i have bought it on the USA and of course i dont have DJI tech support here, where can i find a technnical guide to open the drone and check it? (im a telecom enginner so im acquainted to electronics)
Thanks for yout time.
My pleasure! Watch this You-Tube video. The guy is adding a different antenna but shows you what you need...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR