DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom - Will not take off

JNL

Reactions
Hello,
I finally bought a Mavic 2 Zoom and I have been having problems with the drone not responding to the remote control sticks. The drone is only 3 months old and I have never had a crash and it has preformed perfect until 2 weeks ago. It has been really hot and humid here in NC, but sometime it will take off and other times nothing will happen. I have updated the software twice and also have tried to fly it early in the morning. Sometimes it will work but it is now a hit or miss. Batteries are good to go, and nothing shows up on the display that say otherwise. If I tap and slide launch from the controller the drone will only go up and down and will not do any yaw movements. So basically I can only take off and land. I contacted tech support and they told me that if the drone is hot and gets overheated it will not take off using the stick controls which is sort of a safety feature. I am lost for words as I can go outside when it is cooler and everything on the drone appears to be working including the lights, fan, app, etc, but the same thing keeps happening. Any suggestions would be appreciated because I really like this drone or do I need to see about any type of repairs.

Thanks,
James

Reactions: E90RAW
Hello,
I finally bought a Mavic 2 Zoom and I have been having problems with the drone not responding to the remote control sticks. The drone is only 3 months old and I have never had a crash and it has preformed perfect until 2 weeks ago. It has been really hot and humid here in NC, but sometime it will take off and other times nothing will happen. I have updated the software twice and also have tried to fly it early in the morning. Sometimes it will work but it is now a hit or miss. Batteries are good to go, and nothing shows up on the display that say otherwise. If I tap and slide launch from the controller the drone will only go up and down and will not do any yaw movements. So basically I can only take off and land. I contacted tech support and they told me that if the drone is hot and gets overheated it will not take off using the stick controls which is sort of a safety feature. I am lost for words as I can go outside when it is cooler and everything on the drone appears to be working including the lights, fan, app, etc, but the same thing keeps happening. Any suggestions would be appreciated because I really like this drone or do I need to see about any type of repairs.

Thanks,
James

What is really going to help identify this is being able to see the Lights and the codes they our presenting.
See if you cannot upload a video of you taking off and filming the controler and drone lights flashing.

At this point there is really nothing for the forum to go on.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain

Thank you for your reply. I just tried taking off the drone is not responding to the stick commands. The status indicator lights are blinking green and I have good GPS and everything else says ready to fly, but moving the sticks inward or outward will not start the drone.
JNL

Thank you for your reply. I just tried taking off the drone is not responding to the stick commands. The status indicator lights are blinking green and I have good GPS and everything else says ready to fly, but moving the sticks inward or outward will not start the drone.
JNL

Just try pulling both stick down and inward , not in and out.
Also start the Drone up using the auto take off and than land and use the both sticks inward to shut the drone off.
Also check your settings to see what you have the inward sticks set for ? I think you can turn off that feature so you dont accidentally shut off the motors in flight.

Last edited:
Post a log from one the the affected flights, and I'm sure someone here can try to get to the bottom of it.

I tried all the above and I have been flying the drone with no problems until recently. I deleted and reinstalled the app so I don't know if I have flight logs saved. I have never received an error with this drone. I will check it out again in the morning. Thank you all.

Well Done did not take off this morning and everything has been updated and calibrated. Talked with DJI and drone is going back to them for analysis. In the meantime I will fly mavic mini or should I get the Mavic Air 2 since the Zoom will not be the same. Thank you!

Well Done did not take off this morning and everything has been updated and calibrated. Talked with DJI and drone is going back to them for analysis. In the meantime I will fly mavic mini or should I get the Mavic Air 2 since the Zoom will not be the same. Thank you!

What i would do is sell the Mini and get the Air 2 as a back up, We love this drone and that way something good can come out of this.

Your welcome to check out our videos on the Air 2 flying
Phantomrain.org
Coal

Hello,

Thanks,
James
Hi. I really sorry that you had this problem. As one of the options, I would recommend reconnecting the remote.Then Go to the DJI Go 4 program, then to the “joint calibration” (the drone should be disabled) and check the operation of the joints, when pressed whether the lines reach 100%. I suspect that the problem may be in the remote control as an option.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Its spunds like your remote has the problem do a stick cal and see if that helps

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa