DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom wont connect to AC?

NXPRSS

Reactions
Hey guys, my friends mavic 2 zoom will not go past stage 3 of the connection to link to aircraft....
I hooked it up to the laptop last night and downloaded latest update, and I was able to get it to link up with my phone and got the camera view, and said firmware ac needs updating, remote controller needs updated... I slid my phone for AC update, and it started doing the update, it got to 99% done and failed because the controller got down to 25% battery....
Charged everything back up, and once again, cant get it to connect... Any ideas???
He hasnt flown it in about a year, so he hasnt had any of the latest updates....(Everytime I had an update with my drone, I had told him, update ur drone!) Looking like he should have listened cuz this is frustrating trying to get this to work...

What do u mean "can you revert?"
Also tried downloading default to factory setting when I had drone hooked up to laptop, and still didnt get past stage 3 of linking to aircraft...

I’m trying to understand what the “stage” part of the linking process means. Are you referring to the different icons that you click on in the Go4 app to link a controller to an aircraft?

Have we already tried updating to the latest Asst. 2 System and trying all updates on that end? Also confused on Linking...shouldn't need re-linked once it was first done regardless of firmware updates.

Last edited:
Update both the drone and remote controller with DJI Assistant 2 before attempting to re-link again
Use a desktop PC and connect it to the router via a ethernet cable.

Before attempting a firmware update, make sure everything is fully charged.

then use the manual button approach to link the drone to the remote controller, see 45 secs into the video

If you have skipped/ jumped firmware versions, instead of upgrading in sequence this may also cause a problem.
Many people in the DJI forum that have this problem have had to apply to DJI for a beta version of the firmware to be made available to their DJI account.

Have we already tried updating to the latest Asst. 2 System and trying all updates on that end? Also confused on Linking...shouldn't need re-linked once it was first done regardless of firmware updates.

I was using the Asst 2 system that I originally downloaded on my laptop 2 years ago...
Is there a newer version of assistant 2 that I need to download on my computer ??

Last edited:
I’m trying to understand what the “stage” part of the linking process means. Are you referring to the different icons that you click on in the Go4 app to link a controller to an aircraft?

Yes, I am referring to the different icons in the go4 app to link controller to aircraft... (unfold wings etc....) it gets to stage 3 and the next stage is link to AC and it wont let me click "Next" to stage 4.

Yes, I am referring to the different icons in the go4 app to link controller to aircraft... (unfold wings etc....) it gets to stage 3 and the next stage is link to AC and it wont let me click "Next" to stage 4.

Don’t worry about using the app for linking just do it manually by pushing the buttons to put both the AC and RC in linking mode.

Ok heres an update, I plugged drone back into laptop downloaded latest firmware... update complete... Now I got plug the remote to the laptop and it does not connect....
Just like the remote will not connect to the drone...
Anyhow, I went and got the remote for MY mavic 2 zoom (which has all the latest updates) and it CONNECTED!!!
So any idea how I can get my friends remote to connect to the laptop so I can update the firmware on the controller??
Thanks for the help guys. Almost got it... lol
Just gotta figure out the remote controller issue....

Would you be able to answer post number 5?
Maybe i‘m confused.

Yes, that is what I'm referring too... (and for the record, I couldnt get the camera view of the aircraft on my phone, but just to see if the controller actually worked, i started the motors and that worked..... just didnt have camera view on my phone)

Like I said in my above post I was able to link MY mavic 2 controller to my friends drone and i was able to get to stage 4 in the DJI app on my phone and was able to see camera through phone....
Just cant get his controller to connect to his drone or even connect to my laptop to try and download an update.... computer doesnt recognize the controller....

Sounds like your friend's RC may be bricked to where it can't load far enough to enable linking or connection to AC.

There may be a way to reset the RC through a dance of buttons.

Sounds like your friend's RC may be bricked to where it can't load far enough to enable linking or connection to AC.

There may be a way to reset the RC through a dance of buttons.

That's what I'm thinking, there's gotta be a way to get it to work... ??
I could see if it didnt start the motors that the controller is junk, but it was able to start the motors, just no camera connection...
I dont think he has flown it in over a year...
Everytime I had to update my drone I told him about the updates and said do the update! NOW he's in this mess! OR SHOULD I SAY I AM???... LOL (trying to fix it for him)....

I should sell him my controller and I upgrade to a smart controller.. :)

Sounds to me like the usb port on his RC may either have crud in it (blow it out with canned air) or the port don't work anymore.

Is it possible this is a cable issue? Was your friend’s zoom in working order prior to this update fiasco? Some history on his aircraft may help.

Sounds to me like the usb port on his RC may either have crud in it (blow it out with canned air) or the port don't work anymore.

I've tried both ports to try and connect... (usb port, and the little port on the left of controller)

Is it possible this is a cable issue? Was your friend’s zoom in working order prior to this update fiasco? Some history on his aircraft may help.

I used the same cable to hook MY CONTROLLER up to his aircraft and it worked....

Yes, everything as far as I know was in working order prior to this... I mean as far as I can tell the controller fires up the motors, just doesnt show camera view....
he had told me weeks ago that he couldn't get the phone to link to aircraft... so I told him I'd look at it...

I used the same cable to hook MY CONTROLLER up to his aircraft and it worked....

Yes, everything as far as I know was in working order prior to this... I mean as far as I can tell the controller fires up the motors, just doesnt show camera view....
he had told me weeks ago that he couldn't get the phone to link to aircraft... so I told him I'd look at it...
That's why I think it's the port (ports now that you said you tried both). Seems to make sense since it won't connect to anything using them and yours does.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji