DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom

Don E

Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 Zoom that the Micro SD card is stuck in the drone. I removed it several times but last night I can't get it out? The SD card is working I see it on the controller and my iPad, and I can down load the pictures and video but just can't remove. Has an one else had this problem? What was the solution? I tried to use a pop cycle stick to push and it will not come out, also a tooth pick. I don't have a plastic tweezers to try and wiggle it out.

Reactions: TreeHugger
Welcome to the forums -

That is unusual that the "click" cannot be felt / heard to actuate. Use any type of tweezer to grasp & remove - of course you will only be able to grab the fat end, no damage should occur IMHO.

Welcome to the forums -

That is unusual that the "click" cannot be felt / heard to actuate. Use any type of tweezer to grasp & remove - of course you will only be able to grab the fat end, no damage should occur IMHO.
Thank you for your note, tried the tweezer, and a pop sickle stick also a tooth pick but it did not work. It is a slow card and I got a new one to replace. Do you know with the card in the drone can I still store items to the cash memory on the drone? I don't think I can but not sure?

Your circumstance is not typical. The mechanism is not "cheap", nor surrounded by plastic which might interfere with successful ejection. If anything, you normally have to be careful it doesn't pop out (the card).
The fact that it still works is proof that it is inserted correctly - odd at best.
Can you share a picture / what does it look like?

I understand, it is part of the mother board and only DJI can repair, very expensive. I have tried the tweezers and it look rough but still works. Sorry having trouble with attaching the picture.

When you use a small enough object (so it won't hit the plastic above or below the slot), the Micro USB card should move inward slightly with noticeable spring pressure countering the push. It should unlatch and move back to project outward a short distance.

When you push on the card does it move inward slightly against spring pressure? If not, it may be jammed or the female socket may be defective. Or does it move back outward when you release pressure? If the answer to either of those questions is "no" , sounds like you have a mechanical problem with the female card slot.

The card slot is soldered to a circuit board, so it's going to be beyond the DIY repair capabilities of most owners.

I have talked with a repair place, and DJI . The card does not move at all. The repair said maybe the spring is broke or stuck but either way it is a DJI repair no one else can work on it. I do have the replacement plan but was hoping not to have to use it for this. And it works so I guess I will fly it somemore. I just got it, I have another DJI product and not a problem. Thanks

• Sad
I understand, it is part of the mother board and only DJI can repair, very expensive. I have tried the tweezers and it look rough but still works. Sorry having trouble with attaching the picture.

Good luck, sir!
Too bad about the malfunction!
If the mechanism is faulty but you end up with a choice to insert another card that you'll be stuck with for a while - make it a high speed one :)
(SanDisk Extreme, 128GB.)

I have talked with a repair place, and DJI . The card does not move at all. The repair said maybe the spring is broke or stuck but either way it is a DJI repair no one else can work on it. I do have the replacement plan but was hoping not to have to use it for this. And it works so I guess I will fly it somemore. I just got it, I have another DJI product and not a problem. Thanks
Well if it works and you can get pics and video off from it leave in till you have to send it in then hav evm them fix it

I always download my pictures off the drone with the sd card in it. Haven't even tried to take mine out yet. Guess I should give it a try
As an aside,
I own 4 of these - one at work, two for home and one rides with me in my day bag.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MBD66GZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They are cheap and function well. They are consistently fast in a modern USB3 port ~ 80mb/s
IMHO, faster than using a cable to the drone. I don't have to waste the drone battery & down time
My cards are all SanDisk Extreme 128GB.

I always download my pictures off the drone with the sd card in it. Haven't even tried to take mine out yet. Guess I should give it a try
Me too... I always download my pictures off the drone with the sd card in it. Haven't even tried to take mine out yet. Although when I bought the cheap I-pad with small 32GB memory, I had planned on transferring files physically with the card to a laptop. Now the I-pad is full and I need to do something else. I should've splurged on a better Apple, the tablet locked up because it's memory is full after just a half a dozen 10 minute flights.

• Sad
Reactions: Jetdriver100
I would try to use a tape loop, and attach it to both sides using a thin device like a knife on each side to pull it out

Reactions: Lionfish
As an aside,
I own 4 of these - one at work, two for home and one rides with me in my day bag.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MBD66GZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They are cheap and function well. They are consistently fast in a modern USB3 port ~ 80mb/s
IMHO, faster than using a cable to the drone. I don't have to waste the drone battery & down time
My cards are all SanDisk Extreme 128GB.
Just had a look at the card reader. That one is pretty slick!

Just had a look at the card reader. That one is pretty slick!

For sure -
They work with most cards. They feel pretty cheap - but then again, they are ten bucks. Looking at the Amazon listing for these, I saw the "USB C Card reader" @ 8.99 vs. 10.99 for the ones I've purchased - YET - it shows nearly the exact same picture for both.

To cloud it up, the 10.99 one does have USB C so I wasn't sure what they are after here. Since I have plenty of "C" things, I went ahead bought one of the 8.99 ones which I'll have in hand tomorrow.

Last edited:
Maybe try B & H Camera in NYC for repair. Surely they have experience with micro SD issues, and they sell DJI products.

Reactions: ff22
For sure -
They work with most cards. They feel pretty cheap - but then again, they are ten bucks. Looking at the Amazon listing for these, I saw the "USB C Card reader" @ 8.99 vs. 10.99 for the ones I've purchased - YET - it shows nearly the exact same picture for both.

To cloud it up, the 10.99 one does have USB C so I wasn't sure what they are after here. Since I have plenty of "C" things, I went ahead bought one of the 8.99 ones which I'll have in hand tomorrow.
Info -
Received the cheaper, cheap one. It appears identical to the 10.99 item, EXCEPT its USB2.

Last edited:
Maybe try B & H Camera in NYC for repair. Surely they have experience with micro SD issues, and they sell DJI products.
Or even try a cell phone camera repair shop. They probably have experience with jammed sd-cards.

A few years back, I purchased an acer laptop. I inserted my card. Same problem - defective slot and it would not "spring recoil" and release. I did use tweezers but it was not easy grabbing and holding onto the thin edge of the card. I think I then used a thin knife to get it just behind the thick raised portion of the card that is supposed to allow a thumbnail to grab it. Caution - do not stab yourself.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61