DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 accessing built in memory

vfrailing

Reactions
Just received my M3, and have a nubie question for DJI Fly. I was in too big of a hurry to change the where the images shot were stored, so up I went, and did some trial raw and video clips. Brought it back down, and am unable to access them to download. Switched to the card as storage, did some new images, and downloaded those to computer. All looks well so far. However, in the manual and all of the tutorials, I cannot find how to

a. Download to computer those first files on the onboard memory. I did save them to my "album", then emailed them to myself, but that's ridiculous. Gotta be a different way to do it. I figured I must need Assistant. Went to download that, and my mac says
“DJI+Assistant+2(Consumer+Drones+Series)+2.1.7.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software."

b. With the images on the micro SD, I cannot find how to format the card. I downloaded the files to the computer, no problem, but I always reformat before I do more work with the memory card. So where is the 'format card' command in DJI Fly?
Sorry, I am used to DJI Go 4.
DJI Fly screenshot
IMG_8F777E691BAA-1.jpeg

Last edited:
You don‘t need DJI assistant for this. If you connect your drone to your Mac via USB-cable, the same way you find the sd-card of your (powered on) drone, you will find a drive named „internal storage“ in your finder (left side) or on your desktop. That‘s the built-in 8 gb storage and your test footage should be in there.

If you do need to install DJI assistant for other tasks (just firmware update / refresh or flight log export at the moment) right-click the installer in Finder and choose „open“. In the dialog you can choose to run the installer manually and override the MacOS malware check.

I dont know how to format the card in DJI fly at the moment… I‘m also used to and really MISSING DJIgo4 :-(

However, I could tell you, how to format the card on your Mac, if you like ;-)

Last edited:
Thank you for your help! I was plugging into the controller rather than the aircraft, so all is good. I did find the format command in the app under the tab for camera. I just didn't scroll down far enough. When you scroll down, you see under white balance 'storage location', and the format command is in blue on the right.
It was available under the storage access at the bottom of the screen, that is where I was expecting it.
I always like to format my card for every new job, and prefer to do this in the camera.

I did do some decent RAW comparisons with my go-to P4P today, and I see significant improvement in resolution, dynamic range and contrast. The low light performance is wonderful. No more struggling with twilight shots. I'm happy.
Thanks again for your response

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus