Join Us Now

Mavic 3 APAS test at golden hour + Dlogs - Video

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
I was testing yesterday my Mavic 3 APAS 5 around trees over the water at golden hour.
Any constructive critics are welcome !!! I would like to upload the RAW and see what the expert can do with it.

Reactions: jonatious
Beautiful location and lighting!! SOLID color grade. You're pretty brave to test APAS over water. 😆 One thing I would change is cutting out the parts direction changes and stabilizing clips where the yaw or tilt changes. Of course that's not really needed for an APAS test video, but in general I would try to do that. I like how you included bird sounds to give the atmosphere.

The image quality is really great as well. makes me want to go get a M3, haha.

Beautiful location and lighting!! SOLID color grade. You're pretty brave to test APAS over water. 😆 One thing I would change is cutting out the parts direction changes and stabilizing clips where the yaw or tilt changes. Of course that's not really needed for an APAS test video, but in general I would try to do that. I like how you included bird sounds to give the atmosphere.

The image quality is really great as well. makes me want to go get a M3, haha.
Thank you so much for your suggestions. That is exactly what I am looking for. In this case, I decided to keep the direction changes to show how well APAS 5 is working, otherwise, I will cut it. I was super nervous flying between the trees especially the small branches over the water, believe me, if something goes wrong I can't recover that drone in that zone because the water is dark + the gators.

How did you color grade it the D-LOG? DJI LUT or manual correction/grading?
In the video, most of the shots were taken in D-LOG. Just the ones at the end were in normal mode with no color corrections straight from the camera. Unbelievable.

For the D-Log I use premiere pro REC709 Lut + I did some color corrections on top of it.
My favorite is Davinci Resolve but with the DJI LUT specific for the Mavic 3. The problem is that the Free version from Davinci does not allow you to save the video in 5.1K or stabilize the color. You can download the Free Mavic 3 LUT from here. DJI Mavic 3 D-LOG LUT

I ordered Davinci Resolve 17 Studio and is coming tomorrow. I will try to see the difference.

Reactions: Howard70
Reactions: JustName
What does this have to do with this thread or topic other than being to hijack it to promote your products.

Chris
The Op is a Client : That has all our Gear and letting him know were working hard on the Rescue Jacket and Wet Suit for the Mavic 3 for him. When testing the APAS over gator waters is good to have some back up..

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Capture the Storm and Land on the Water.

The Op is a Client : That has all our Gear and letting him know were working hard on the Rescue Jacket and Wet Suit for the Mavic 3 for him. When testing the APAS over gator waters is good to have some back up..

Phantomrain.org
You know I am on the waiting list. @Chrislaf Thank you for your intention and believe me I appreciated it. @Phantomrain.org is a friend and I am his customer and for videos like this one is why I use the product.
I took the chance with the M3 without it for this video.

By the way, you should make a Gator version of the wet suit, green with a scales scheme.

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org

Phantomrain.org
Then do it in a private message. There is no need to hijack a thread to promote your products, now back on topic.

Sweet.

I wonder, do mavics avoid incoming objects when hovering as well? Say, a bird flies into your drone. Will the drone dodge?

Reactions: zeusfl
Sweet.

I wonder, do mavics avoid incoming objects when hovering as well? Say, a bird flies into your drone. Will the drone dodge?
That's a really good question. I will test that.

Thank you so much for your suggestions. That is exactly what I am looking for. In this case, I decided to keep the direction changes to show how well APAS 5 is working, otherwise, I will cut it. I was super nervous flying between the trees especially the small branches over the water, believe me, if something goes wrong I can't recover that drone in that zone because the water is dark + the gators.
Yep, makes sense. I think I would test APAS on land and fly more clear lines over water. lol. Glad it did well! Getting up there with Skydio

In the video, most of the shots were taken in D-LOG. Just the ones at the end were in normal mode with no color corrections straight from the camera. Unbelievable.

For the D-Log I use premiere pro REC709 Lut + I did some color corrections on top of it.
My favorite is Davinci Resolve but with the DJI LUT specific for the Mavic 3. The problem is that the Free version from Davinci does not allow you to save the video in 5.1K or stabilize the color. You can download the Free Mavic 3 LUT from here. DJI Mavic 3 D-LOG LUT

I ordered Davinci Resolve 17 Studio and is coming tomorrow. I will try to see the difference.
Good job with the colors. I used DR 17 Studio, and I think you'll like it. Looks like the DJI LUT is doing a good job, just like on the M2P.

Great demo of APAS - gives me confidence to take a few chances

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo