DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic3RCPro

Reactions
If you buy a standard or basic Mavic 3, what about a bag or a case? How do you carry the thing around? The standard Mavic 3 doesn't come with any case.

And no one has one ready to ship. Not even DJI! They're all on pre-order. Bummer!

There are a couple of people selling the DJI Mavic 3 Carrying Convertible Bag on eBay. The price they're asking seems reasonable.

What do you think? Should we go for that?

Welcome to the forum 👍
I’ve used these cases in the past and liked them. Not cheap, like 189.00 but you get a discount through this guy .How much 🤷‍♂️

In my opinion, the bag and charger kills the value of the fly more combo. I will definitely be making my own combo, and probably saving $400-500. It's also low hanging fruit for those who think the M3 is too expensive.

These make excellent Mavic bags, especially if you don't always need to carry absolutely everything with you:

Also check out Lowepro's "Droneguard" bags. I have the BP250 and it easily holds the M2P fly more combo, all accessories + smart controller. It should easily fit the M3 as well. I think I paid $120 for it on sale from Amazon ~2 years ago.

Reactions: Droniac
If you buy a standard or basic Mavic 3, what about a bag or a case? How do you carry the thing around? The standard Mavic 3 doesn't come with any case.

And no one has one ready to ship. Not even DJI! They're all on pre-order. Bummer!

There are a couple of people selling the DJI Mavic 3 Carrying Convertible Bag on eBay. The price they're asking seems reasonable.

I just got an email from Aldryn and he’s moving M3 hardcases already.

I just got an email from Aldryn and he’s moving M3 hardcases already.
Nope. If you go to the website, they're just taking pre-orders, with no word on how long before we get them. Same thing on amazon, best buy, B&H, etc.

I do like the versatility of the DJI convertible case and at $160 on eBay, it might be a steal? But being new to all this makes me wonder what I should do ....

Nope. If you go to the website, they're just taking pre-orders, with no word on how long before we get them. Same thing on amazon, best buy, B&H, etc.

I do like the versatility of the DJI convertible case and at $160 on eBay, it might be a steal? But being new to all this makes me wonder what I should do ....
Hmmm. I did not know that. That’s a drag. For 300$ some odd dollars their cases should have the ability to encase itself with a titanium shell. On the lines of Ironman of course. Their bag irks me.

Reactions: NattyDread

I’d be pensive with the eBay case. Since the big hitters you named are only taking pre orders, I personally would wait it out. I wouldn’t think it would be long as it’s a guaranteed flood of profit.

Most cases are on pre orders. They would likely only be available by end of this month, it is better to wait it out to see all the options

Don’t need anything fancy.

In fact the more compact the better as long as it can carry drone, couple of batteries and propellers.

In my opinion, the bag and charger kills the value of the fly more combo. I will definitely be making my own combo, and probably saving $400-500. It's also low hanging fruit for those who think the M3 is too expensive.

These make excellent Mavic bags, especially if you don't always need to carry absolutely everything with you:

Also check out Lowepro's "Droneguard" bags. I have the BP250 and it easily holds the M2P fly more combo, all accessories + smart controller. It should easily fit the M3 as well. I think I paid $120 for it on sale from Amazon ~2 years ago.

Another vote for the lowepro bp-250. The design and build quality is top notch. It holds my M2P, 4 batteries, smart controller, 7 filters, regular charger, car charger, and 9.7" iPad. It has movable Velcro attached dividers so you can customize the configuration. I have the hard case, the little DJI flymore bag, and this backpack. I never use the other two. I have even flown off it in a pinch, but I don't recommend that. I'm pretty sure it will hold all of my M3 Flymore gear just as well. I'm delighted with it. I will keep the M3 included bag so I can sell the complete kit down the road.

If I buy a drone, I buy a GPC case to put it in. Every time.

There are cheaper cases, but none better. You buy a good case only once. You rebuy lesser cases multiple times, and sometimes the contents of those cases too.

Reactions: khabbi
If I buy a drone, I buy a GPC case to put it in. Every time.

There are cheaper cases, but none better. You buy a good case only once. You rebuy lesser cases multiple times, and sometimes the contents of those cases too.
Regarding GPC hard cases, they have announced versions for both Mavic 3 configurations. They will also sell a replacement foam kit for the M3 for $59. This would be for people who sold their previous drone but kept the GPC case. For the time being, you need to call or email to order the M3 cases. Search results for: 'mav3'

Don’t need anything fancy.

In fact the more compact the better as long as it can carry drone, couple of batteries and propellers.

If you want to replace propeller in the field - you need screwdriver and loctite, which you also need to carry or it can be had at autoparts store, but I just leave spare propellers at home

Where did you see the DJI convertible bag on ebay for $160 shipped? I looked and never saw that price. When you think of the fees ebay takes from the seller and cost of him shipping, you are buying it for less than that actually.

I will get my Mavic 3 Fly More Combo delivered this week and I want to sell my DJI bag. I have settled to sell it for $200. If I find a buyer, good. If not, no problem.

Anybody who is interested in the brand new DJI bag for $200, should feel free to contact me. I am selling because I do not need it, will never use it and will be buying a hard case. But I do not need to sell it before I buy my hard case. I am just waiting now for the company to release the hard case I want so I can order it.

I have looked at a ton of hard cases out there and these are the 3 best and premium quality to me; PGYTECH, GPC and Nanuk. The prices for each I have seen delivered to me comes out to be approximately;

- PGYTECH - $165
- GPC - $190
- Nanuk - $200. ($227, when I order with their shoulder strap, which is a must for me)

In order of preference, I will buy Nanuk, PGYTECH or GPC. All are top notch cases. But I am leaning to get the Nanuk whenever they make one for the M3 and start selling it.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
I will keep the M3 included bag so I can sell the complete kit down the road.
Great idea. I might just do this and just keep my M3 bag because it is a guarantee that I will sell my M3 down the road.

I bought my Mavic Pro when it was released as my first drone. I sold it and bought the Mavic 2 Pro when it was released. 3 years later, here I am again. I sold my Mavic 2 with Smart Remote and bought my Mavic 3.

I plan to do the same with my Mavic 3 also. The way I do it is whenever I receive my drone, I remove all I need. What I do not need, which includes the original box, manuals and other small accessories, I seal everything up back in the UPS box or whatever box it came with. I keep this box away. See you on FOR SALE day in years to come! I never usually need anything again from the box. As everything I need will be in my new case.

The day I am ready to sell, I get the box and it is brand new with all the small accessories I never ever needed. I put it now with my drone and post for sale and I usually sell pretty fast for a decent price.

If there is ever a M4, I plan to sell this and upgrade.

Reactions: MavicPeter
Very unlikely. I’ll check later though.

How do the M3 and M2P footprints compare?

M3 is actually a few grams lighter right?

So maybe it folds up to similar volume and footprint?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost