DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 battery issue

SkySteve83

Reactions
Site
www.stevesanacore.com
Hi, My Mavic 3 is flying great and accomplishing the shots I wanted it for. Flew it yesterday for a few hours and am super happy with its performance. But- it's taking forever to charge the batteries. With all three batteries in the charger, it starts on one battery and after more than 4 hours it was still charging the same battery. I took it off and it has four green lights, but never moved to the next battery until I took it off myself. Now after almost 24 hours it's still charing the second battery and the first is still waiting. I'm going to contact support when they open this morning and see what they say. I guess the "fast charging" circuit is just not working. In the manual it says it should take about 90 minutes to charge each one.

Anyone else having this issue?

Mmmm. Not me. You are using the cables and charger that came with it?

Hi, My Mavic 3 is flying great and accomplishing the shots I wanted it for. Flew it yesterday for a few hours and am super happy with its performance. But- it's taking forever to charge the batteries. With all three batteries in the charger, it starts on one battery and after more than 4 hours it was still charging the same battery. I took it off and it has four green lights, but never moved to the next battery until I took it off myself. Now after almost 24 hours it's still charing the second battery and the first is still waiting. I'm going to contact support when they open this morning and see what they say. I guess the "fast charging" circuit is just not working. In the manual it says it should take about 90 minutes to charge each one.

Anyone else having this issue?
I had a similar issue with my battery hub. To test this, I charged the battery in the drone to verify.
See my thread here.M3 Battery Charging Times

Reactions: Norval
Sounds like a small none PD charger is being used, the 65W DJI one charges each battery in around 90 mins, if you use a 100W charger you can shorten that quite considerably, as for warranty, the manual states that you can use any PD rated charger.

Reactions: God Is Love
Yes I'm using all the DJI cables and chargers that came with the Fly More Kit. I charged a battery today in the drone and it seemed to charge quicker. I'm on a shoot so not scientific so I'll try it again at home later in the week. Looks like it's the hub that's the issue.

Are you using the cable that's hardwired into the charger? I found this out the hard way... I tried using the stand alone cable/usb that plugs into the adapter and it took all day to charge 2 batteries. If you use the usb c connected directly to the adapter it should charge in 90min or so.

Are you using the cable that's hardwired into the charger? I found this out the hard way... I tried using the stand alone cable/usb that plugs into the adapter and it took all day to charge 2 batteries. If you use the usb c connected directly to the adapter it should charge in 90min or so.
Yes. I figured the fixed cable was more powerful And have been using that.

You have to use the 65W cable that came with it. That is the only cable you should use to charge those batteries.

Sounds like a small none PD charger is being used, the 65W DJI one charges each battery in around 90 mins, if you use a 100W charger you can shorten that quite considerably, as for warranty, the manual states that you can use any PD rated charger.
I agree with JohnC about he 65W DJI charger taking about 90 minutes. I have charged my new M3P batteries several times and in all cases it is taking right around 90 minutes.

Was this the first time charging the battery?

They are shipped in hibernation mode, so they are supposed to "wake up" after a few minutes on the charger.

I have seen several reports where that did not happen until the second or maybe third charge.

All of my batteries woke up after a few minutes.

My concern, however, is that all six batteries seem to be soft, not quite puffy, after a long flight, and remain a bit spongy after they cool down. I didn't notice this until after all of them had been in use, so I am not sure if that is the normal state for these batteries. For my P4P batteries, once they puffed up, they were retired.

Yes I'm using all the DJI cables and chargers that came with the Fly More Kit. I charged a battery today in the drone and it seemed to charge quicker. I'm on a shoot so not scientific so I'll try it again at home later in the week. Looks like it's the hub that's the issue.

Hey Steve, I’m having the exact same issue and am using the charger and cables that came with the drone. Each battery is taking over 12hrs to charge. Did you find a resolution?

If I use the supplied charger, it does take longer to charge the batteries, from hibernation to fully charged around 90 mins per battery. If the batteries are being balanced it could take longer.

To be honest I tend to use my MacBook charger most of the time or a 100 watt Anker PD charger with the braided DJI lead which will charge the batteries at 88W and get them charged in about an hour.

If I use the supplied charger, it does take longer to charge the batteries, from hibernation to fully charged around 90 mins per battery. If the batteries are being balanced it could take longer.

To be honest I tend to use my MacBook charger most of the time or a 100 watt Anker PD charger with the braided DJI lead which will charge the batteries at 88W and get them charged in about an hour.
I figured out the problem. Definitely user error. I’m travelling and when plugging back in the hub, I plugged in the usb a cord. Once I plugged back in the hard wire cord, it started charging normally again

It took me 4 days to charge all 3 batteries with charging hub that came with the mavic 3, I am new to droning so was unsure but knew this was an exceptionally long time for charging and not ok if you need the drone daily

It took me 4 days to charge all 3 batteries with charging hub that came with the mavic 3, I am new to droning so was unsure but knew this was an exceptionally long time for charging and not ok if you need the drone daily
I would inform DJI support and ask for an exchange, unless this is fixable somehow

Reactions: Suziebee
my MacBook charger most of the time or a 100 watt Anker PD charger with the braided DJI lead which will charge the batteries at 88W and get them charged in about an hour.
Hello! How do you use a MacBook Charger?
Also, could you please provide a link to where I can purchase a 100 watt Anker PD charger with the braided DJI lead? What's a braided DJI lead?
Thanks!

I believe he is referring to the high-speed USB-C data transfer cable included with the Cine to offload the SSD.

Baseus 100W GaN II Fast Charger.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B092YFZD5P/

Any USB-C Cable that has a 100-watt E-Marker chip will work.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZCVJKYX/

This one has a watt meter built-in.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09D7F9MQ3/

Hello! How do you use a MacBook Charger?
Also, could you please provide a link to where I can purchase a 100 watt Anker PD charger with the braided DJI lead? What's a braided DJI lead?
Thanks!

The DJI Cine comes with a 100W USB-C to USB-C hi-speed data transfer lead, which can be used with any USB-C charger, the MacBook Pro charger complies with the PD specification, so can be used to charge M3 and be used with the M3 charge hub.

The DJI lead has a fabric braided cover.

I’m in the UK so the charger I use is basically the UK version of the one mentioned by Rocketbrew.

The DJI batteries can be charged at 88W the DJI one can only charge at 65W you get a 26% boost in charging.

Sounds like a defective Hub, the fastest way to charge DJI batteries with the DJI supplied equipment is by using the tethered USB-C lead with the hub. The USB-A to USB-C lead will not charge your batteries at 65W.

See how long the DJI feathered charge lead takes to charge a battery in the drone rather than the Hub. If it still takes forever then maybe the mains charger is at fault.

If you have another USB-C PD (Power Delivery) charger like ones supplied with MacBooks or some Samsung mobile stuff. Try that.

This is why I hate USB-C! One connector, many standards!

Reactions: Desert Drone Works
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb