DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Battery Issue

rpossum

Reactions
Has anyone had a Mavic 3 Battery that won't charge? One of mine just blinks when I plug it in (2 solid with the 3rd blinking) and then turns off... the red light on the charger comes on
Also, drone won't turn on with this battery... works fine on other batts
Is there a battery reset procedure or something I should try?

The battery is probably defective. Unlike other batteries, the DJI intelligent batteries have circuitry that tells the battery to self discharge, so I don't think you can mess with it much.

I'm not sure if DJI covers batteries under warranty, but I think that's the first avenue I would check to see if you could send it in. The Mavic 3 hasn't been out that long, so everything *should* be covered under warranty. But DJI is a funny beast run by bean counters up front in their business model and they have a lot of conditions and exclusions in their fine print.

The battery is probably defective. Unlike other batteries, the DJI intelligent batteries have circuitry that tells the battery to self discharge, so I don't think you can mess with it much.

I'm not sure if DJI covers batteries under warranty, but I think that's the first avenue I would check to see if you could send it in. The Mavic 3 hasn't been out that long, so everything *should* be covered under warranty. But DJI is a funny beast run by bean counters up front in their business model and they have a lot of conditions and exclusions in their fine print.
At over $200 a pop, they sure better be covered under warranty!

Has anyone had a Mavic 3 Battery that won't charge? One of mine just blinks when I plug it in (2 solid with the 3rd blinking) and then turns off... the red light on the charger comes on
Also, drone won't turn on with this battery... works fine on other batts
Is there a battery reset procedure or something I should try?
Yes

I had to Sent two of the six batteries that I ordered back to dji

One of them was blinking in the charger
And the other one was disconnecting the drone from the controller while in flight.

In the past when I had a Mavic 1 battery failure it had a 6-month warranty. DJI asked me to send them a video of the situation. I did that and they promptly replaced it. They just want to be sure that I was using the charger correctly and that other batteries were charging correctly.

yes...they do...they just send me two brand new batteries.

Bought from Amazon Mavic 3 Battery that won't charge. Got it yesterday. When I plug it in I get the same thing (1st 2 solid with the 3rd blinking) and then turns off... same here with the charger, the red light on the charger comes on. Sending back to Amazon

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929