DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 cable to iPad

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I need a longer cable to go from my M3 controller to my iPad. I have several USB-C cables. Some are Thunderbolt others I'm not sure of but none, including those supplied to charge my iPhone 13 will make a connection to my iPad. Only the short (unworkable) cable that came with the M3 seems to work. I'll be pretty bummed if my iPad (12.9) won't work. I want to fly with my iPad on the dashboard of my truck when it's cold out. I need a 3foot cable and wrongly assumed a standard USB-C cable would work. Any tips on whether I'm out of luck or what cable to order?

Here is something interesting. None of the half dozen USB-C cables work but I have a USB to USB-C cable and an adapter that I can plug the USB 2.0 (?) end into to give me a USB-C at both ends and that works fine. None of the Thunderbolt or other USB-C cables work. I'd like to find a cable that does not use an adapter as it's just one more point of failure.

I need a longer cable to go from my M3 controller to my iPad. I have several USB-C cables. Some are Thunderbolt others I'm not sure of but none, including those supplied to charge my iPhone 13 will make a connection to my iPad. Only the short (unworkable) cable that came with the M3 seems to work. I'll be pretty bummed if my iPad (12.9) won't work. I want to fly with my iPad on the dashboard of my truck when it's cold out. I need a 3foot cable and wrongly assumed a standard USB-C cable would work. Any tips on whether I'm out of luck or what cable to order?
Just search Amazon (Or other such) for a Mavic Air 2(S) cable for your fitment, I am sure they will relabel ads for the cables to include the Mavic 3 soon as it is so new.

Just search Amazon (Or other such) for a Mavic Air 2(S) cable for your fitment, I am sure they will relabel ads for the cables to include the Mavic 3 soon as it is so new.
I've ordered a cable that I hope will work but I find no 3ft cables that are specifically labelled as made for Mavic drones, which somewhat makes sense but I don't really know what spec's are required. I would have thought that any Thunderbolt cable would be capable of whatever needed to be transmitted.

Some cables are sold as "charging cables" rather than for data transfer. I suspect they lack data conductors, having only the power contacts connected. Any cable that has all conductors should work fine for this application. The trick, of course, is that they don't always tell you.

After trying (and immediately returning in as close to mint condition as possible) several cables in retail stores, I gave up and sent off for a ConnecThor USB-C—Lightning. It works perfectly with my M3 and old iPad Air, has no excess length to coil up, and was cheaper than the store-boughten ones.

Here's an odd update. If I put a "regular" USB-C to USB-C cable in the controller and iPad I have to be careful that one of the USB C cables is put in "correctly". Flipping it one way or the other makes it work or not work in spite of the fact that any USB-C cable can be inserted either way, supposedly with no difference.

Interesting. Did you ever resolve this. I have a nearly identical desire to run my iPad 12.9 on the console of my truck while a long enough cable that I can comfortably stand outside the truck co forts I’ll looking for tragic and overall keeping an eye on my surroundings. I rea;;y want a 10 ft cable. Any luck? What are exactly the specs? Is this usb 3.1? USB 3.2?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun