DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

rawrsefi

Reactions
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum.

My Mavic 3 Cine arrived the other day and I have been shooting a lot with it!

I have been shooting in ProRes D-Log and I've been checking to make sure I'm not over exposing nor under exposing.

When I put my footage in Davinci I can see the Footage has a LOT of noise. Even when not shooting in D-Log, 100 ISO, 2xFR SS and everything all i see is noise! and using Noise reduction it pretty much makes t he footage not on par with the mavic 2.

Im curious what am I doing wrong? With my camera i usually expose +2 when shooting LOG, I have tried the same with the mavic 3 and i still get noise but with highlights clipped.

I've owned a few drones so I'm not new to this but Im not sure if im doing something wrong or maybe someone else is experiencing this and could possibly be a bug in a Firmware?

If anyones got some tips I would love to hear it.

thank you

I have been shooting in ProRes D-Log and I've been checking to make sure I'm not over exposing nor under exposing.

When I put my footage in Davinci I can see the Footage has a LOT of noise. Even when not shooting in D-Log, 100 ISO, 2xFR SS and everything all i see is noise! and using Noise reduction it pretty much makes t he footage not on par with the mavic 2.

Im curious what am I doing wrong? With my camera i usually expose +2 when shooting LOG, I have tried the same with the mavic 3 and i still get noise but with highlights clipped.

I've owned a few drones so I'm not new to this but Im not sure if im doing something wrong or maybe someone else is experiencing this and could possibly be a bug in a Firmware?

thank you
By any chance can you try and see if another editor is having the same issue? The reason I ask is when the iPhone 13 came out and people were trying ProRes it seemed like Resolve was having some problems with the ProRes files and once people tried another editor the issue was resolved. I personally use Premier and have no issues if you wanted to try that.

By any chance can you try and see if another editor is having the same issue? The reason I ask is when the iPhone 13 came out and people were trying ProRes it seemed like Resolve was having some problems with the ProRes files and once people tried another editor the issue was resolved. I personally use Premier and have no issues if you wanted to try that.
Hey I tried premiere and same thing :( premiere is actually a bit worse cause I can’t transform the color space (I’ll need to get the official d-log to 709 $ :( maybe the software needs update?

Can you post some examples of what you are seeing? That would go a long way towards helping us help you.

Can you post some examples of what you are seeing? That would go a long way towards helping us help you.
Hey there,

I’m currently in Greece but I have the drone I’m taking some sample videos to show you but I have no way of transferring them onto my phone atm.. I do have some screen shots would that be good?

thank you
Can you please inform me how to enable D-Log? On my Mavic 3 Cine there are no options other than Normal under the Color setting and I can't find the setting for D-Log anywhere.

If love to test this issue with you and give you my opinion about the noise level but I can't even get mine on D-Log mode. Can you please inform me how to enable D-Log? On my Mavic 3 Cine there are no options other than Normal under the Color setting and I can't find the setting for D-Log anywhere.

Attachments

• PXL_20211211_143748014.jpg
    PXL_20211211_143748014.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
If love to test this issue with you and give you my opinion about the noise level but I can't even get mine on D-Log mode. Can you please inform me how to enable D-Log? On my Mavic 3 Cine there are no options other than Normal under the Color setting and I can't find the setting for D-Log anywhere.
this is very odd indeed, do you have the latest firmware?

this is very odd indeed, do you have the latest firmware?
Yes, I do. I just updated to the new one that came out today, in fact. I updated through DJI Assistant 2 just to be sure.
On yours, do you have the option to select other Color modes besides Normal? I'd love to see a picture of what yours looks like.

Hey I tried premiere and same thing :( premiere is actually a bit worse cause I can’t transform the color space (I’ll need to get the official d-log to 709 $ :( maybe the software needs update?
Try the Buttery LUT for D-Log. It works very well for my X7 and Mavic 2 Pro drones. I would test it on my Mavic 3 Cine but I can't get the **** thing to shoot D-Log color mode.

Try the Buttery LUT for D-Log. It works very well for my X7 and Mavic 2 Pro drones. I would test it on my Mavic 3 Cine but I can't get the **** thing to shoot D-Log color mode.
You cannot select D-Log if you are recording to SD cad it will only do D-Log to SSD. Also you have to be using the main camera. Worth checking.

You cannot select D-Log if you are recording to SD cad it will only do D-Log to SSD. Also you have to be using the main camera. Worth checking.
If you look at my picture, you will see I'm in ProRes and I am recording to the SSD. I have formatted and reformatted SSD as well.
I don't understand why the D-Log option doesn't come up. It won't even come up in SD card h264 or h265. I've tried all the variables and I never have the option to change the Color setting. Furthermore, my camera is set to Pro mode. I have tested in both Pro and Normal and still no D-Log option for me anywhere. Can someone please post a picture of what your screen UI looks like when you enable D-Log in the menu?

Attachments

• PXL_20211211_143748014.jpg
    PXL_20211211_143748014.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Must be another option you have selected? Not sure why I find people taking pictures of phones and computers amusing. I know... it is faster...

Edit: I figured it out. I tried everything to get my menu to look like yours... then I remembered the is no DLOG in ZOOM mode. Got to be using the main camera ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211211-135728.png
    Screenshot_20211211-135728.png
    188.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Must be another option you have selected? Not sure why I find people taking pictures of phones and computers amusing. I know... it is faster...

Edit: I figured it out. I tried everything to get my menu to look like yours... then I remembered the is no DLOG in ZOOM mode. Got to be using the main camera ;)
Thanks for showing the picture for reference so I can see how it should look. Very helpful! I'm pretty sure I was in main camera mode and not zoom but I'll definitely double check that! Thanks 😁

I havent had my Mavic 3 long but I am slightly dubious whether it is worth shooting in DLOG-M with ProRes. There is a ton of dynamic range in the 'normal prores' (and I live in a high DR environment - Thailand.) I think of it more this way. When I shoot 'raw' with my stills (me or anyone else) never shoots in a log profile - so now that we have a thick video codec is DLOG-M really necessary (or even particularly helpful. )

I havent tested it myself but if people are getting noticeably better results with DLOG-M and ProRes, I would certainly be interested to know.

Good to know. I definitely want to test both and see which I can color grade to better results.

Often times, my clients require at least ProRes in Log for the colorist. Therefore, even if it might yield cleaner results in normal color profile than D-Log, I would still need to deliver the files in D-log.

thank you
I had similar issues in premiere until I changed the sequence setting codec, now it looks amazing.

i thnk there is something going on importing

I had similar issues in premiere until I changed the sequence setting codec, now it looks amazing.

i thnk there is something going on importing
What did you change? I'm using premiere as well and have this same issue. What codec worked? Are you referring to the preview files?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf