DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Classic and holding off (after past experience)

If you actually follow. Every single dji drone is released too early and they all have some type of bugs for the first bit. So its nothing new really.

For sure, maybe hold off till everyone has beta tested it first :)
If you do not need it right now hold off for sure. But be prepared to be without for a long time because it usually takes months if not years for DJI to iron out the initial shortcomings of almost every new product they release, way too early and still pretty much in development stage ..

Reactions: crlmjohnson
Is anyone holding off buying the Mavic 3 Classic after the history of issues when the Mavic 3 was originally released?

Waiting for all the bugs to be sorted this time round I think :)
The Mavic 3 has been out nearly a year now and the bugs have been sorted out.
The proposed new version is the same drone with a simplified camera, not a completely new creation.

the same criteria will apply to the pared down version of the Mini 3 pro if and when it is released ,as stated by @Meta4 above ,

Reactions: ssvdh66
Is anyone holding off buying the Mavic 3 Classic after the history of issues when the Mavic 3 was originally released?

Waiting for all the bugs to be sorted this time round I think :)
Sounds like common sense to me. I mean, really, how many times are you going to get hit in the nose before you learn? ;)

Like @Meta4 said, though, a lot of the "issues" are already worked out on the M3.
I would count on there being initial hiccups of some sort, however, if history is anything to judge by.

Quite the opposite. A majority of folks I’ve corresponded with would not buy the bird without the zoom.
Agreed. Now that the updates were applied there is NO WAY I would do without the zoom. And all I use is the 7x zoom. I don't even use the digital zooming options... The Zoom at 7 x is AMAZING.

Wasn't the Mavic 3 far and away the most glaring case of release-without-features in the DJI line? I don't recall similar situations with the Mini 2, Air 2S, or Mini 3 Pro.

And even with the Mavic 3, there were no hardware issues. No early purchasers got stuck with hardware that required modification or replacement. All was resolved in software and firmware. And DJI was open about the features not being available.

Based on past releases, the risk seems minimal.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
There really should not be that many bugs with the classic considering the original was released over a year ago. With that said, there may be some bugs but that's really the chance you take purchasing any electronic device - not just drones.

Quite the opposite. A majority of folks I’ve corresponded with would not buy the bird without the zoom.
From some youtubers I see the zoom lens is not so appreciated, but for me, I find it quite exciting even if the quality is lower, and without it, it seems Mavic 3 Classic is just an Air 2S with slightly better camera, especially at night, and better battery. But it seems the price of M3 Classic is going to be much lover (1400usd), so let's see.
Release was expected for this Thursday! (in my time zone that's already tomorrow) but DJI still haven't said anything yet.

Last edited:
From some youtubers I see the zoom lens is not so appreciated, but for me, I find it quite exciting even if the quality is lower, and without it, it seems Mavic 3 Classic is just an Air 2S with slightly better camera, especially at night, and better battery. But it seems the price of M3 Classic is going to be much lover (1400usd), so let's see.
Release was expected for this Thursday! (in my time zone that's already tomorrow) but DJI still haven't said anything yet.
Not a word yet on a Thursday release date here either it is the 26th in my time zone.
Maybe the date is being changed,but who knows.

OsitaLV said 10/27-11/2 two days ago.

Attachments

• Ff0Q5jBWIAI5IMs.jpg
    Ff0Q5jBWIAI5IMs.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Ff-u-AvXwAIaj7H.jpg
    Ff-u-AvXwAIaj7H.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 11
I didn't even know it was released yet...?

what is the price point? If the price isn't low enough, I think most everyone will delay purchase

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000