DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Mavic 3 Classic Zoom over the Police

Wondering if vimeo is having an encoding issue right now, it's just black blank footage after 4 minutes or so.

But I'm guessing despite lack of optical zoom the digital zoom on the classic is still quite decent?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I always care a folder of paperwork to give to the police that is written for the police. He could have been up on the roof of the building across from the car and there is nothing wrong with it. Print off a copy...

Attachments

• What are you doing with that drone - Recreational (1).pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
Reactions: SpitFire
Hey Phantom:Forgive me for asking but isn't it a no no to fly around police activity? I would have been afraid that the police would have noticed my drone and decided to come after me!
Well I was less than 50 Yards away and took off from the top of my truck for the everyone to see . So if they wanted me I was fish bate for the taking. If I do wrong I want my deeds to punished like a Samurai and not a Hidden Ninja :p

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

Reactions: KD2SSP
I always care a folder of paperwork to give to the police that is written for the police. He could have been up on the roof of the building across from the car and there is nothing wrong with it. Print off a copy...
I loved it and printed several copies to put in my drone case if I am questioned by the police. Much appreciated. Recommend it to all of us on the forum

Dale

That may be a nice Ace in the Pocket to be played carefully . Thank you for sharing that.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

I loved it and printed several copies to put in my drone case if I am questioned by the police. Much appreciated. Recommend it to all of us on the forum

Dale
I even have some info flying at my local airport in uncontrolled class E airspace. Many will tell you , you cannot fly within 5 miles of an airport but that was done away with.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I also printed that info and put it in my backpack for future use if necessary.
Thank you for sharing, lot of useful info to share with police.

Although this document explains air space and control. Keep in mind some locations even though they can't tell you not to fly, they may have ordinances that do restrict flying in or around emergency operations, and or interference with operations. So if the local authorities have one of these laws and want to push the issue, they could make things inconvenient for you. Also, many first responders, medical, fire, and police have their own UAV's. So be alert for their UAV's in the air to avoid a possible collision.

Also, with the M3 zoom, you could still fly outside the effected area and get good video/photos.

Although this document explains air space and control. Keep in mind some locations even though they can't tell you not to fly, they may have ordinances that do restrict flying in or around emergency operations, and or interference with operations. So if the local authorities have one of these laws and want to push the issue, they could make things inconvenient for you. Also, many first responders, medical, fire, and police have their own UAV's. So be alert for their UAV's in the air to avoid a possible collision.

Also, with the M3 zoom, you could still fly outside the effected area and get good video/photos.
"flying in or around"

Only the FAA can dictate airspace. So if the ordinance literally says "over" in it, it's not a valid law.

The rest being land use or chalked up as "interfering" could be done by political subdivisions.

Though the faa does already have regulations regarding interference with emergency operations already. Especially with things like natural disasters and wild fires.

"flying in or around"

Only the FAA can dictate airspace. So if the ordinance literally says "over" in it, it's not a valid law.

The rest being land use or chalked up as "interfering" could be done by political subdivisions.

Though the faa does already have regulations regarding interference with emergency operations already. Especially with things like natural disasters and wild fires.
Direct from the FAA:

Emergency and Rescue Operations​

We prohibit flying your drone over any emergency or rescue operations including:

So if the first responder situation is an considered an Emergency operation, then flight over it is restricted by the FAA

Direct from the FAA:

Emergency and Rescue Operations​

We prohibit flying your drone over any emergency or rescue operations including:

So if the first responder situation is an considered an Emergency operation, then flight over it is restricted by the FAA
Yea, the Faa, not local ordinances.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada