DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Classic

Reactions: leebroath and DanJ
Probably bundled with the RC Pro for the original $2200 MSRP! That might explain where all the separately sold RC Pro's have gone!
I'm hoping that they eventually sell a standalone version as I have the RC Pro from the Air2S package.

I'm hoping that they eventually sell a standalone version as I have the RC Pro from the Air2S package.
Even bundled with the $109 RC-N1 for $1300, it would still be a bargain for you! You saved $700 on the RC Pro!

Reactions: DanJ
Probably will have a different sensor too. Wouldn’t be the 4/3. Maybe a 1” sensor

Unlikely. That would defeat the Mavic 3 main camera enhancements over the M2P, also available on the Air 2S, which both already have a 1” sensor.
The telephoto isn’t worth 1000 dollars. Costs a few buck2 for DJI. That would really undercut the high cost of the mavic 3. We will just have to wait and see. It could be an improved 1 inch sensor.

The telephoto isn’t worth 1000 dollars. Costs a few buck2 for DJI. That would really undercut the high cost of the mavic 3. We will just have to wait and see. It could be an improved 1 inch sensor.
If they offered a good 1-inch sensor but with much better processor than the one in the M2P and also the variable aperture which the Air 2S doesn't have, it would be a good incremental improvement over every aircraft under the 3.

I don't care if it is $1300. The telephoto 2nd camera I could justify deleting to save 700-800 dollars. But deleting the 2nd camera AND downgrading to a 1" sensor is too large a difference

Maybe they will add some firmware software features to the current Mavic 3 so it gonna be a definitely better drone than the M3 Classic when the Classic got a 4/3 cam also. If they are almost the same, i think its too much a competitor with the current M3.

I don't care if it is $1300. The telephoto 2nd camera I could justify deleting to save 700-800 dollars. But deleting the 2nd camera AND downgrading to a 1" sensor is too large a difference
Which is exactly why DJI would never create such a Mavic 3! The main sensor will remain a 4/3. That's what defines the Mavic 3!

Which is exactly why DJI would never create such a Mavic 3! The main sensor will remain a 4/3. That's what defines the Mavic 3!
that's logical

I mean, if they dropped the sensor to 1", then it would seem the only substantial difference between the Classic and the Air 2s would be the battery capacity

Question: for video, is there a noticeable improvement in quality between the Mavic 3 and Air 2s. I'm not really talking about technical specs. I'm wondering about video played on 4K-capable screens

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji