DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Features?

51 Drones

Reactions
A lot of speculation about the next version of the Mavic. What would be your top 5 features for the Mavic 3?

I would agree with your 5, especially the strobe. I keep loosing sight of my drone. Must be an age thing.
Regards

1) Viewable (not necessarily recordable) camera views to the rear, sides and down for situation awareness in close proximity situations.
2) Batteries that can accommodate some limited expansion during use.
3) Ability to choose a previous flight record and "re-fly" it, guided by the GPS and camera data contained in the flight record.

Last edited:
1) Viewable (not necessarily recordable) camera views to the rear, sides and down for situation awareness in close proximity situations.
2) Batteries that can accommodate some limited expansion during use.
3) Ability to choose a previous flight record and "re-fly" it, guided by the GPS and camera data contained in the flight record.
I like the way you think. 2 & 3 are fairly minor issues (2 is a small design issue (and I've had no issues with my M2P batteries, but a better latch would make me feel better) and 3 is a software issue) but I've said for years (I mentioned this a couple years ago here) it would be nice to have a constant downward facing camera to show what you're flying over (I keep the default shortcut for instant down on my M2P and use it all the time). As you mentioned, it wouldn't even have to be a camera to record video, just something for situational awareness. A back/side camera would also be nice; when doing low shots I regularly find myself doing 360 and camera down views to make sure I'm clear.

At the same time, I understand there's limited bandwidth for all those cameras. Maybe Occusync 3 can deal with it.

The only real drawbacks on my M2P are 4K limited to 30fps (usually not an issue, but 60 or more would give me more room in editing) and the continued worry about whether it will work with Remote ID. I suspect we won't see a Mavic 3 until Remote ID is worked out, unless it takes forever, then they may release a next-gen model and then update it (M3P-ID or something).

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54