DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 3: firmware version from the box

asarie

Reactions
Hi guys,
Does anyone know whether the date of manufacture affects the firmware version that comes by default out of the box?
I mean if I buy mavic 3 that was made august 2022 does it mean that it will have .800 firmware version out of the box? or what version it’s gonna be?

thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: GFields
Hi guys,
Does anyone know whether the date of manufacture affects the firmware version that comes by default from the box?
I mean if I buy mavic 3 that was made august 2022 does it mean that it will have .800 firmware version from the box? or what version it’s gonna be?

thank you!
I think you need to set it up and see if your prompted for a firmware installation and it should tell you what version is being installed. you want the latest version and that's what will get installed if your prompted for it.

Other than being up and running and looking at the settings in the app can you determine what software versions are installed as far as I am aware. Should be on the about page in settings

I think you need to set it up and see if your prompted for a firmware installation and it should tell you what version is being installed. you want the latest version and that's what will get installed if your prompted for it.

Other than being up and running and looking at the settings in the app can you determine what software versions are installed as far as I am aware. Should be on the about page in settings
thank you for the reply
i just thought that maybe someone out here bought it recently from the batch that was manufactured in august 2022 and knows what firmware version it comes with from the box :) .800 or .600 or .700

More than likely, it will have a low number firmware out of the box.
Research which firmware that presents the least amount of bugs that need swatting for you to have the aircraft capabilities that work for you. Updates are not mandatory.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Reactions: asarie
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!
thank you ❤️
More than likely, it will have a low number firmware out of the box.
Research which firmware that presents the least amount of bugs that need swatting for you to have the aircraft capabilities that work for you. Updates are not mandatory.
I need 600, but afraid that if drone was made let’s say in August/September it already has 800 😔

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143