DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Fly more combo & RC Pro controller combination don't work (yet)?

flyliedutch

Reactions
Hi all,

I ordered the new RC Pro controller. I have already the mavic 3 fly more combo.
But some internet posts suggest that the new RC Pro controller only work with the CINE version of the Mavic 3. Not the Standard / Fly more combo.

Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Thanks in advance.

That's incorrect. I have the RC Pro and standard M3 and they work.
Great to hear. Thanks for the fast answer.
My Mavic 3 is with dji support now because of DOA. I hope I get the new one next week so I can fly with the new RC controller.

What are your thought so far with the new controller? Like/dislike?

Great to hear. Thanks for the fast answer.
My Mavic 3 is with dji support now because of DOA. I hope I get the new one next week so I can fly with the new RC controller.

What are your thought so far with the new controller? Like/dislike?

I've only done 2 flights with it so far. The connection is rock solid. I'd say compared to the old Smart Controller its really not that different. The biggest difference for me is getting used to DJI Fly vs the old DJI Go app.

Reactions: bonzo and RMS001
I've only done 2 flights with it so far. The connection is rock solid. I'd say compared to the old Smart Controller its really not that different. The biggest difference for me is getting used to DJI Fly vs the old DJI Go app.
Ah Nice. Haha I hate the fly app. I preferred the dji go 4 app. Way more options to configure etc.

Reactions: flippnbits
Yeah completely agreed with that. Lucky on the RC pro controller you can customize some buttons to make some things faster. Like setting exposure correction etc.

One might forget, that not having those options and tweaks in DJI Fly also saves a huge amount of work, testing and de-bugging for DJI. I have never understood (from a consumer's point of view) why we have a new/dual app which has less features than the other, just meant to look better.

Reactions: christangey
They bring the new fly app as 'simplified for new users'.. That's true but they forgot the 'advanced' users.. You don't even get an option to unlock more functions.. It's sad but we have to live with it I suppose.

Last edited:
Nice to read this. I order the DJI RC Pro already.

I'm hoping they update the Fly App when the new firmware comes out to allow us to have a more advanced UI than what we have now. For those that have the new RC Pro are you able to sideload android apps like that last controller? I saw an unboxing of the new RC Pro and the reviewer was showing in order to update the controller you have you use the Fly More app instead of going to the android settings of the controller which has me concerned DJI is locking down the software on the controller.

Hi all,

I ordered the new RC Pro controller. I have already the mavic 3 fly more combo.
But some internet posts suggest that the new RC Pro controller only work with the CINE version of the Mavic 3. Not the Standard / Fly more combo.

Can anyone confirm or deny that?

Thanks in advance.
I can promise it works with the FMC M3 and RC Pro, I have that same setup. The best kit in the world at this time if you ask me. Hopefully soon with beefed up additional features.

Reactions: christangey
I received my M3 Flymore kit last week but it'll be some time before I get it up in the air. If I start flying using the supplied controller then decide to switch to the Pro Controller will there be any issues to anticipate? Should I just wait until I have the Pro controller?

That will be no problem what so ever. Both will work, but only the Pro will be used :).

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I received my M3 Flymore kit last week but it'll be some time before I get it up in the air. If I start flying using the supplied controller then decide to switch to the Pro Controller will there be any issues to anticipate? Should I just wait until I have the Pro controller?
Lol, you and I. I received mine too a few days ago bit I do not want to fly it until I get my RC-Peo. But it seems the RC-Pro will be a while before it gets here since it is coming from Hong Kong.

Ah Nice. Haha I hate the fly app. I preferred the dji go 4 app. Way more options to configure etc.
You can configure both the tap and double tap on the function button with the fly app. Most of the other control settings are changeable as well. They did get rid of the non linear control settings but my flying got way better when I quit fooling around with those. I change back and forth between the Air 1 and the 2. I far prefer the newer controller and the fly app.

> does the combo work (m3 & rc pro)
Hi. I'm looking for any suggestions here. I too have the Mavic 3 combo, and RC Pro Controller.
However, on my second flight, I had a total disconnect at only 500 feet away in the open. Thank god my settings were "return to home" and I got it back. I got reconnected when it was about 100 feet away just prior to landing. Are we sure this works? I don't have a lot of confidence just yet. I'm trying to see if log files will show what happened, but I don't know anything about log files just yet. Be safe... and I "Highly" recommend "return to home" if signal lost in the meantime.

• Wow
Reactions: zeusfl
> does the combo work (m3 & rc pro)
Hi. I'm looking for any suggestions here. I too have the Mavic 3 combo, and RC Pro Controller.
However, on my second flight, I had a total disconnect at only 500 feet away in the open. Thank god my settings were "return to home" and I got it back. I got reconnected when it was about 100 feet away just prior to landing. Are we sure this works? I don't have a lot of confidence just yet. I'm trying to see if log files will show what happened, but I don't know anything about log files just yet. Be safe... and I "Highly" recommend "return to home" if signal lost in the meantime.
Oh wow! As soon as I can fly I'll let you know.
In which environment did you fly? Open or in a city (more WiFi signals)?

Hi. It was a fairly open area. Wanted an easy test flight. You can imagine my horror when I lost connection when it was only about 600 feet away. Glad RTH worked, and went around some trees during its descending track home. At night, I was just running the motors on the ground and I still got a message "Aircraft not connected to RC" then the motors would stop.

[Hold the press... breaking news] I just got off the phone with DJI support. Yes, the RC pro does work with the M3.
I had "re-bound" the aircraft last night by first pressing the power button on the aircraft for 4 seconds. Support says it's better to go to the Fly app, and on the Control Tab, at the very bottom, there is a link to "re-pair to aircraft". I did it this way instead. When they were linked, I got a message saying there is a software update. Support said there is now an update to fix the controller issue! Wow. DJI support came thru!! Nice! Slightly better would have been to know this "before" I took off. Anyway, I "highly" recommend "return to home" on signal loss for now. I'll post back if I have any more signal drops between the RC Pro and M3.

[Added] RC Pro controller now works great! No more continuous disconnects.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes