DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Fulfillment Delays?

jelarv

Reactions
Any chatter about DJI having fulfillment delays with the Mavic 3 or RC-Pro controller orders?

DJI sent me an email on November 5th at 1:19 pm Chicago time stating "Order Shipped" (the M3, RCP controller and extra battery) but here 72 hours later, FedEx still shows no movement since November 5th when they were sent the shipment details from DJI (which happens whenever a FedEx label is printed). I deal with shipments from China all the time and there's usually no more than one day between FedEx (or UPS or DHL) getting the information and then starting to move the package (including over weekends). I'm starting to think DJI was overwhelmed with orders and is having trouble with fulfillment. Why else would they print a label for a box and then have the box sit there for 3 days?

Patience is a virtue! (my wife insists I leave the Mavic 3 unopened until Christmas so I have something under the tree...that's gonna happen).

As you seem to already know, "Shipped" status often just means a shipping label was created, it does not necessarily mean the product has been picked up and left the DJI warehouse. Given the global situation, and what is likely an extremely high order volume of M3s, I would expect plenty of delays across the board. They are probably just bogged down, but nobody is going to know for sure.

Same situation here. Reached out to support today, they said the shipment has left the warehouse, it's up to FedEx to update their info. Don't know how true that is, but it's what I was told.

Next time for avoid delays, just buy the drone without any extra accessories like extra batteries and stuff like that in the same order, because that is what cause the delays many times.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I ordered my Mavic 3 from Bestbuy on Saturday and it just shipped and will be here Wednesday however my Pro Controller and extra battery are delayed with no ETA, so like Zeusfl said its the accessories delaying the order.

Reactions: zeusfl
There are massive global shipping delays currently. Probably nothing to do with DJI. What normally took a few days (express shipping from China to N America), can now take 1-4 weeks.Chinese customs is also very backed up. It can take a week or more to clear. So be patient.
My 11/6 order shows arrival on 11/22 with DHL, which is very long.

Hi, living in Germany: M3 FMC ordered on Friday 11:30 at DJI online shop and delivered today (Tuesday) 11:30 with DHL. 4 days including a weekend, quite fast in my opinion. It was shipped from the Netherlands as far as I can see...

Hi, living in Germany: M3 FMC ordered on Friday 11:30 at DJI online shop and delivered today (Tuesday) 11:30 with DHL. 4 days including a weekend, quite fast in my opinion. It was shipped from the Netherlands as far as I can see...
Interesting, I think you got lucky because it came from within Europe.
It's very hit or miss with express shipments coming out of China now... it can be a few days, or a few weeks...

Ordered mine November 5 at 11 PM and received it Monday, November 8 at 11 AM, 72 hours. That was pretty quick. I’m in Maryland and it was shipped with FedEx from Georgia.

Ordered mine November 5 at 11 PM and received it Monday, November 8 at 11 AM, 72 hours. That was pretty quick. I’m in Maryland and it was shipped with FedEx from Georgia.
Interesting. I ordered mine on 11/5 too and it's coming from the factory in Shenzhen with DHL. Estimated delivery is 11/22!

I ordered the M3 cine and am in the same boat. I ordered bc it showed it would ship on 11/8. Today the fedex status still shows waiting on package. So I’m inclined to believe DJI did a little bait and switch, as even Best Buy from day 1 was showing first week of December for shipping on the cine. I kind of think it’s the new RC Pro controller that is causing the delay, as every Best Buy near me has the M3 fly more combo in stock. So that shipped just fine, can’t blame it on the u oversaw Covid shipping delay fiasco.

I’m just frustrated bc I would not have ordered had I known it was going to be this long of a wait.

Does anyone know if ANY non reviewed person has received a cine version yet?

I ordered the M3 cine and am in the same boat. I ordered bc it showed it would ship on 11/8. Today the fedex status still shows waiting on package. So I’m inclined to believe DJI did a little bait and switch, as even Best Buy from day 1 was showing first week of December for shipping on the cine. I kind of think it’s the new RC Pro controller that is causing the delay, as every Best Buy near me has the M3 fly more combo in stock. So that shipped just fine, can’t blame it on the u oversaw Covid shipping delay fiasco.

I’m just frustrated bc I would not have ordered had I known it was going to be this long of a wait.

Does anyone know if ANY non reviewed person has received a cine version yet?
Same thing on my end: Ordered mid-day on the 5th, said "shipped" on the 6th, and now FedEx is saying they don't have it and DJI is mum. Gonna give it a few more days before I get concerned (may just be that it isn't updating until it actually hits the US), but I also wonder if they are just printing FedEx labels for product they don't have.

RC-Pro controllers back in stock now on DJI.com for those who want to order.

Had another chat session with DJI.

Your package is expected to be sent from Hong Kong tomorrow after it arrives in Hong Kong and the shipping status will be updated.

I am cancelling and I'll get it locally today.

DJI lied to us on this for sure. The immediate "Shipped" status was fake and in my opinion, to assure that you couldn't cancel your order!! Otherwise, you could go into the orders menu and select to cancel. But if it's shipped, you can't. It's unethical business practices if you ask me and somewhat scummy of them to do it this way. They have just dragged us along with high anticipation after the exciting launch, only to give us nothing for quickly getting our money to them.

I talked again to DJI chat tonight and they said it was still sitting at DJI in China... this was after a few days ago they said it had left their warehouse.

I have lost all enthusiasm at this point and just want to cancel and wait things out.. but I can't and they have my money (Paypal).

Cancelled my order with them, and picked up a M3FMC at Best Buy yesterday. First flight will be today. And I learned about the Tripltek monitor yesterday. Given how locked down the first SC was, I am concerned about the new one being in the same state (on top of only being made to support one or two models). So I'll save some $$ and get this instead of the RC Pro I think. If DJI had shipped when they said they did, they would have had more of my money - both from a direct sale as well as the RC Pro.

Mavic 3 arrived in 6 days. Shipped from California to Massachusetts via UPS; purchased direct from DJI.
When I bought Mavic 2 (three years ago) I'm pretty sure it shipped from Asia.

Chose to buy from DJI with addition of genuine "DJI Care". B&H was offering Mavic 3 with a 3rd-party extended warranty that was significantly more expensive.

Does anyone know if you can buy the M3 fly more package and then purchase the new smart controller ($1200!) later as an accessory if you decide you want it?
That is EXACTLY what I did.

I ordered the M3 FMC on the 8th. Then ordered the RC-Pro remote on the 11th. I just received my M3 FMC that was shipped from California. My RC-Pro is coming from Hong Kong. FedEx label has been created but it has not been shipped yet. So, I wonder how long before I get it from Hong Kong. I see estimate from others is like 15 to 20 days. We shall see.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut