DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Gimbal Initialization

Stingfello

Reactions
Why in the world does my gimbal routinely take this long to stabilize and start feeding video on startup? When I start the drone, the gimbal dances its calibration routine between 3 and 15 times before stabilizing and feeding video to the controller. I can feel no resistance in the gmbal motors, and once initialized, the performance seems fine. Any ideas?

-Jason

Why in the world does my gimbal routinely take this long to stabilize and start feeding video on startup? When I start the drone, the gimbal dances its calibration routine between 3 and 15 times before stabilizing and feeding video to the controller. I can feel no resistance in the gmbal motors, and once initialized, the performance seems fine. Any ideas?

-Jason
No thoughts?

That has been the behavior of DJI since the P3’s. Getting the calibration accurate is probably the reason. The gimbal works to a pretty tight accuracy spec, and for cost reasons is not particularly repeatable to those specs without recalibration. Any temperature change effects will need to be calibrated out.

That has been the behavior of DJI since the P3’s. Getting the calibration accurate is probably the reason. The gimbal works to a pretty tight accuracy spec, and for cost reasons is not particularly repeatable to those specs without recalibration. Any temperature change effects will need to be calibrated out.
Thanks a bunch for the reply. My Mavic 2 Pro would perform exactly 1 gimbal "dance" at startup, and any Mavic 3 startups I've seen online have been the same... a quick dance then video. Mine will repeat over and over. Something's not right I suspect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007