DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Gimbal Rotation/Yaw

leonardlco

Reactions
Can the Mavic 3 gimbal rotate left/right (yaw)? I understand this can be done by rotating/yawing the aircraft, but for other DJI drones, you can usually hold your finger on the controller screen until a circle appears and then drag the gimbal up/down and left/right. For some reason, I can't perform this function to go left/right...is this normal, or I'm doing something wrong? Thanks

Can the Mavic 3 gimbal rotate left/right (yaw)? I understand this can be done by rotating/yawing the aircraft, but for other DJI drones, you can usually hold your finger on the controller screen until a circle appears and then drag the gimbal up/down and left/right. For some reason, I can't perform this function to go left/right...is this normal, or I'm doing something wrong? Thanks
Yes. You first have to press and hold on the screen. It's limited laterally, but you have the full range of the gimbal scroll wheel up and down. You should be able to see the degrees of movement laterally and up and down, so you can reset them, so you aren’t flying with a crooked camera after.

Yes. You first have to press and hold on the screen. It's limited laterally, but you have the full range of the gimbal scroll wheel up and down. You should be able to see the degrees of movement laterally and up and down, so you can reset them, so you aren’t flying with a crooked camera after.
Thanks, upward/downward movement is excellent (-90 - 35 degrees)! However, lateral movement is about 5-10 degrees (not listed anywhere in the manual)--very strange. The drone manual only speaks of the upward/downward movement. If the movement is restricted to 5-10 degrees (as I experience pressing and holding my finger to the controller screen), I guess I'll have to yaw the aircraft.

Attachments

• Gimbal.jpg
    Gimbal.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks, upward/downward movement is excellent (-90 - 35 degrees)! However, lateral movement is about 5-10 degrees (not listed anywhere in the manual)--very strange. The drone manual only speaks of the upward/downward movement. If the movement is restricted to 5-10 degrees (as I experience pressing and holding my finger to the controller screen), I guess I'll have to yaw the aircraft.
Yes, I couldn't find the lateral movement parameter anywhere either when I looked. However it was a limited 5-10°, as I recalled, when planning on using it for 7x telephoto panos, successively yawing and dragging to get 5° of lateral movement each time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO