DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 HLG comparison with D-Log and Normal

JooB

Reactions
Hi, after the HLG format got available with firmware 0700 I made a short video that compares all 3 video formats side by side on one screen showing the same scene. Just to give you (and me) and idea what are the pro's and contras's of each format.

There is no post production except I put the default DJI LUT on the D-Log version. All video settings on auto.

HLG looks amazing!! thank you for the comparison . . .

Reactions: Richard R
Hi, after the HLG format got available with firmware 0700 I made a short video that compares all 3 video formats side by side on one screen showing the same scene. Just to give you (and me) and idea what are the pro's and contras's of each format.

There is no post production except I put the default DJI LUT on the D-Log version. All video settings on auto.

What was your timeline and output colorspace? Is the HLG converted to rec 709?

definitely looks better but the D-log version with the LUT also looks great.

Reactions: DearAman
Great video, very informative, My Mini 3 pro RC is on order with Best Buy. Unfortunately. looks like an August due date.

@brett8883: Timeline and output color space is Rec.709 Gamma 2.4
I took the HLG just as it came from the drone. My only action was to put the LUT on the D-Log to get something you can compare.

Does anyone have a new matrix of which codecs are supported in the different modes?

Has anyone tried viewing HLG in an HDR world, yet? Wondering how that is working.

D-Log is the best and used by professionals. That is if you know how to color correct in post using correct software such Adobe Premiere for example. Also, using LUTS pre loaded won't get the results you often need. Again it just comes down to practice and your ability and desire to learn how to edit it in POST.

Thanks for posting this. The HLG does look very good. I normally shoot D-Log and have been really happy with the results. I do shoot professionally but must admit I will give HLG a serious look. Maybe I’ll shoot a DSC color chart and post it so we can look at the color accuracy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa