DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Issue is not acceptable!

So his M3 Cine has a hardware problem that he confirms doesn't exist on the only other unit he tested, but he still makes yet another YT video attempting to imply that it is a widespread issue with that model, rather than just returning it for a replacement. Outstanding.

Mine does not have that issue,

If there is anything wrong with Mavic 3 its that the Camera system looks tough but its built more like a marshmallow and demands to be pampered, any kind of hard bump or fall and your likely to have some issues.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain and Protect from low impact bumps.

2021-11-20_09h10_36.png

Last edited:
So his M3 Cine has a hardware problem that he confirms doesn't exist on the only other unit he tested, but he still makes yet another YT video attempting to imply that it is a widespread issue with that model, rather than just returning it for a replacement. Outstanding.
After crashing the first M3 he had ,one has to wonder what he did with this one without saying anything
only to turn around and try to trash the M3 cine.Maybe be crashed this one also who knows.
Have a good day.

I had this issue on my Mavic 2 Pro. When I started to look online I soon found a lot of videos on YouTube and lots of posts on forums where others had experienced the same thing.

I found a way to reset the issue by quickly rotating the drone left and right whilst hovering and more often than not it would work. This only started happening after about 10 months of owning the M2P.

Does anyone know why this is still a thing. Is there something inherent in the gimbal design that allows this to happen on some drones? I'm just really interested in why its still an issue.

I've even seen horizon tilt on Inspire 2 footage!

I really hoped it would have been designed out of all the newer drones by now but I have no idea what is involved in keeping a gimbles horizon perfectly flat on a drone...

(edit: sorry for implying it was a widespread issue, just on some drones)

Last edited:
Reactions: Droniac
One of the reason why we purchase two of every drone is the horizon tilt. Many times the drone Horizon will not be perfect out of the box and we dont spend any time trying to fix it .

Because it also means that if the Horizon is off from rough shipping or handling something else might be also and its sign that something went wrong in the shipping. We saw this on all the drones we purchased for clients as well.

The drone needs to be perfect out of the box or they are returned despite the Hassell thus the reason why we buy
two of everything to increase the odds of a getting a a nice drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain.

Last edited:
One of the reason why we purchase two of every drone is the horizon tilt. Many times the drone will not be perfect out of the box and we dont spend any time trying to fix it .

Because it also means that if the Horizon is off from rough shipping or handling something else might be also and its sign that something went wrong in the shipping. We saw this on all the drones we purchased for clients as well.

The drone needs to be perfect out of the box or they are returned despite the Hassell thus the reason why we buy
two of everything to increase the odds of a getting a a nice drone.

Phantomrain.org
huh

While I agree with @OriginaldoBo assessment of a drone at that price point should not have issues like this out of the box. His conduct in his first couple of posts on this forum do not bode well for him. He needs to pull his vocabulary out of the sewer and express himself like an adult instead of a foul mouthed teenager

After crashing the first M3 he had ,one has to wonder what he did with this one without saying anything
only to turn around and try to trash the M3 cine.Maybe be crashed this one also who knows.
Have a good day.
This is a replacement new unit. It's not the one he crashed. I've had a ton of issues and I'm always perplexed as to why people are attacked for bringing up issues they have with a drone. I'm on my second and EVERY issue I had on the first is still there on the new one bought from a different vendor.

Sorry let me clarify :
I posted this on the day I got my first Mavic 3 from Amazon

Here is the box Amazon sent the Mavic 3 to me in , notice the padding is missing on the sides.

2021-11-26_21h29_33.png

There was every possible chance that the Horizon out of the box was not going to be good.

This is not DJI fault , as shipping can really vary but this is Amazon and I also Ordered from DJI an there box was packed nicely with bubble Wrap protection taped around the drone box .

We have bought a lot of drones , and shipping is part of the battle of getting a good working , Perfect horizon on every flight drone with Zero Fixing or Tweaking and because of this and the Number of Drones we have returned , its almost always the shipping is the problem and not a Defect in the drone.

Phantomrain.org

While I agree with @OriginaldoBo assessment of a drone at that price point should not have issues like this out of the box. His conduct in his first couple of posts on this forum do not bode well for him. He needs to pull his vocabulary out of the sewer and express himself like an adult instead of a foul mouthed teenager

Unfortunately this seems to be a trend some youtubers are taking to get their views up. The more Haters as they put it the more action their channel gets, That relates into more money in their pocket. My son watches a youtuber called "WhistlinDiesel" just because he likes 4x4's. I watched one video and wondered how that guy was able to destroy so many trucks. My son said its because of his viewer base. Some love him and some hate him but they keep coming back to watch more of his videos. The guy is one rich youtuber now and he don't care if you love him or hate him. Its all money to him at the end of the day.

This drone has been out for a few weeks now and there were negative reports from the very beginning....why are people continuing to buy it?
Some, presumably, just because they always buy the latest gear. But others, no doubt, because of its demonstrated image and video quality. Also possibly flight time, although that's more a convenience than a fundamental change.

I believe He is trying to find out if it is a widespread issue

I believe He is trying to find out if it is a widespread issue
I think you are being much too generous. He's trying to attract page views because he makes money off them. Hence his clickbait "I'm here to tell all of you what's wrong with the M3" approach. If he simply wanted to find out if it is a widespread issue then all he needed to do was post a short video of the problem and ask - "anyone else seeing this issue?". Or post the question on a forum like this one.

This drone has been out for a few weeks now and there were negative reports from the very beginning....why are people continuing to buy it?
I would have thought that most of the people posting about issues with their new M3's were the ones who purchased right away? Some got their drones quickly and others had to wait a bit for delivery and hence the staggered reports over the first 3 weeks of release perhaps.

Ken will be the first to mention his language isn't for everyone. It's certainly not for me, but I just ignore it. When he had me on the show, he did pull it back because he knew it's not something I appreciated. But it is what it is.

In person, he's not like that as much. We spent a couple of days together in Vegas, and he was much better in person. Even in Vegas. So part of it is shtick. Unnecessary for sure, but that's Ken.

But yeah, he does need to back off a it. He does for a while, then he slides back. But that's life these days with lots of people. But he is an all around good guy.

M2P had issues from the start, but I didn't have any with it. So for this one I guess I expected it to be the same experience. Turned out it was. Sure, I may have gotten lucky. But in terms of total units shipped, I'd wager there are more good units out there than bad.

Incredible day after day I just keep seeing more and more problems with the Mavic three I know it first there’s always hiccups but considering the price like you’re saying not acceptable is right that’s why I haven’t pulled the trigger until I have faith in this Drone I’m gonna keep holding off the only reason I wanted it is for the4/3 sensor

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato