DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Issue's Out of the box...

Plasma

Reactions
I am having many issues with the Mavic 3 and smart controller.
I have calibrated the controller and all other calibrations have been done over and over again. IMU, RC controller gimbal etc...
Every time at take off the left stick control works to increase elevation and rotation but if I use the right stick the Mavic 3 goes in a diagonal and erratic uncontrollable direction. It even gains elevation while I am only using the right stick.

And yes I have the most current firmware update on the controller and Mavic 3. VERY ANNOYED, NOT AT ALL HAPPY WITH MY Mavic 3 experience! Just wanted all to be advised before they purchase this thing that it doesn't appear to have been thoroughly tested be fore release. We are the guinea pigs!

Next stop is to get in touch with DJI to see how I might get this resolved. I am just like you a simple consumer. I did not expect this thing to be a flop out of the box. Buyer Beware!!
If I get this resolved I will let you know.
Kindest regards,

I'm sure that if you upload the flight log for the flight where this unusual behavior occurred someone can help diagnosing the problem.

Beyond that it's far to soon to say they model in general hasn't been thoroughly texted. It could be isolated to your unit and/or the environment where you are flying. Take it one step at a time.

Not a positive first post, but there's been a few first posts lately similar.
Welcome to the forum anyway.

If you read about the forum here (the M3 sections, or a search in vain) you are not alone.
Quite a lot of threads about the erratic flight behaviour, sensor issues.

Also lots of posts saying no problems at all, just the missing features not there with release.
So who knows, maybe a bad batch, some component issues in some batches ?

Send it back, or take it back to the retailer if bought from one (many have good no questions asked returns policies).

Good luck with it.

Hence, the reason why I refuse to buy anything that has just been released. ;)

Hence, the reason why I refuse to buy anything that has just been released. ;)
Good idea.

After the mini release problems (wind and motor power issues, uncommanded descents), I think a lot of pilots made that choice.
Hold off for a good few months at least so DJI can iron out the inevitable bugs.

I find it fairly unconscionable that retailers here are announcing stock, and no mention ANYWHERE in their spiels, or even the DJI website for the M3, about the many functions not present at release.

Some models seem to have been less drama, I don't recall much 'bad press' about the Air2 or Air 2s.

What I was petitioning to this Forum is mostly help getting it resolved as quickly as possible. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as I am out of 4200 dollars and have an unflyable nonworking drone. I'll be sending it back as I really don't have the time to upload flight data and have you guys fix it for me is in bad taste. It firmly rests on DJI.
Many Thanks to you MAvic_South_Oz for helping me...

Kindest regards,

What I was petitioning to this Forum is mostly help getting it resolved as quickly as possible. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as I am out of 4200 dollars and have an unflyable nonworking drone. I'll be sending it back as I really don't have the time to upload flight data and have you guys fix it for me is in bad taste. It firmly rests on DJI.

Kindest regards,
The quickest way to get a meaningful response is posting the flight log. There are folks here that can decipher them and in most case tell you exactly what went wrong.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
I'll be sending it back as I really don't have the time to upload flight data and have you guys fix it for me is in bad taste. It firmly rests on DJI.
The quickest way to get a meaningful response is posting the flight log. There are folks here that can decipher them and in most case tell you exactly what went wrong.

This ^^^

It's ALWAYS nice to have as much info as you can before sending it off.
The analysis folk here are great.
If you know it was something in particular, DJI can't bamboozle you with . . . well, you know.

I've seen threads here, someone has had a response from DJI saying no equipment problem, must be pilot error.
With a deeper analysis done here, the pilot has gone back and asked DJI to check a particular items found, and viola . . . warranty.

It takes maybe 5 mins tops to post your flight log from the device.

Take a read of options . . .

I like phantom help . . .

Kindest regards,

In your case I'd say it's in your best interest to go ahead send it back while it's still brand new and not crashed.

Allen

Kindest regards,
I understand your frustration but you should protect yourself by getting as much information as possible before sending it back. Having the flight log information and analysis may be very helpful should you get some run around response from DJI. At a minimum it can be used to validate what they tell you. It would be a shame if you go through the time and effort to send it in only to find out a few keystrokes could have resolved the issue.

That said add some follow-up if/when they resolve the issue. It may save another flier some heartache down the road.

Also we all would gain more knowledge about the M3 from the flight logs.

Reactions: UAVquadman
Sounds like your not in stick mode 2, try going into your controller settings and change to master stick mode 2 or if your use to using a game controller you can change to that setting.

Kindest regards,
Out of the box, my RC Pro remote would consistently disconnect, even when located inches away, so I tried the Mavic 3 with a remote from the Air 2S and it worked without an issue. At least that limited the troubleshooting to the remote.

I contacted DJI via their chat platform and explained the problem. They issued me a case number to send the entire package back for replacement - avoiding having to use DJI Refresh. Guessing they're backed up as the case number was issued days ahead of receiving the email with the shipping label. Hope that helps.

I don't know where in Colorado you're from, but I'm in Denver. If you'd like, I can meet up with you somewhere tomorrow and check it out. If you bought it at MulitCopter Warehouse, they can also help you.

Reach out to me at [email protected]. I'm flying all day today (with my Mavic 3), but I can get back to you between flights.

Can someone start a poll to see how many of us are having problems with the M3. I'm still considering one after the January update and would like some numbers.
And maybe include in the poll how many didn’t participate in the new product? My lesson was the first mini that came out and had the prop striking the body issue. That one was remedied after two trips to DJI and then sold prior to the price drop that followed.

Reactions: BigAl07
Can someone start a poll to see how many of us are having problems with the M3. I'm still considering one after the January update and would like some numbers.
I'm definitely having all sorts of problems, such as refusing to hold manual focus at Infinity for night shots; won't maintain exposure compensation (resets to zero after each photo), takes almost four hours to recharge battery in the M3 (charger no longer comes with the drone and aftermarket charger from DJI still not available). and on and on.

Greetings, I have given up the effort to try and fix a brand new drone and have sent it back. I understand that there is a great resource here that would like to look at flight data or perhaps even come over and help me tweek the drone to fly properly. Much appreciated!

I do not enjoy paying any company for the pleasure of doing there technical support! Not a good experience!
I feel that we should expect more from the people who are creating these devices to have them function properly.

I bought the fly more combo and then bought the smart controller separately. Be advised that the smart controller which costs 1200 bucks comes only with a charge cable and No Charger!!! It is truly a rip off what you get for your money!

I have and operate the Mini 2, FPV, Air 2 and Pro 2. With the normal controllers and the original smart controller. I am decent at troubleshooting and have been successful at mastering these drones. I also consider them decent value for your money.

Buyer beware! Be advised, this drone is way over hyped. Price to performance ratio is not in balance.
I won't point out which youtuber does a review for this drone and is nearly frothing at the mouth and convulsing while describing this drone.

Kindest regards,

I'm definitely having all sorts of problems, such as refusing to hold manual focus at Infinity for night shots; won't maintain exposure compensation (resets to zero after each photo), takes almost four hours to recharge battery in the M3 (charger no longer comes with the drone and aftermarket charger from DJI still not available). and on and on.
It seems to take 3+ hours in the desktop charger too! Are they all like that? I also found the batteries discharged sitting in the case after only 3 days. It can really hinder your productivity.

Kindest regards,
Hi
I’m certain you are receiving update patches every time you login and have the drone turned on. During setup the Pro RC asked asked your permission to operate (update) in the background. If you answered yes, it could be in que on some parts of the FW package.
It sucks, it’s not right, but, it is what it is.
Mine did my Cine came in for its first return to home pitching and overshooting the LZ then missed by 10’ at least. Then the next day it prompted me for a FW update again.

Now it didn’t pitch and overshoot. But it missed the LZ repeatedly.

Then when I canceled RTH it was WONKY. All of the right stick r/l fwd/rvs were on high rates but with too much smoothness od it jumped and recovered slowly.

So now a week later and no problems for now except all the missing functions.

I suspect either DJI servers are overwhelmed by this FW release or it’s coming in patches.

This is a Cine premium combo.

Just my thoughts.

BTW, my standard M3 kit with RC Pro should be here tomorrow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku