DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Issues?

ddodell

Reactions
Hi, just flew my new Mavic 3 for the first time this PM. Using the latest firmware, and latest version of the Fly app.

Couple of things I noticed;

No display pop-up showing correction "Precision Landing" like the DJI Go4 app with my Mavic 2

Can't go into DLOG mode, only normal for type of video settings ...

Tried playing back a 5.1K video on my iMAC (about 5 years old) ... very jumpy ... H264 ... is this my older mac? specs below ... using a SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB card which shows as one of the recommended card in the manual. Haven't ever had a problem with 4K video ... is the 5.1 that much of a difference?

1638057528516.png

On the fly app, under the Advanced setting for EXP ... it says normal ... but hitting "Soft" or "Sport" does not do anything ... should it ... can alter the settings manually but not via those icons

IMG_5566.PNG

One of the reasons I’m not on the M3 train.
Fly app. Go4 worked well. I can understand DJI either not being able to load all their new mini’s on the Go4, or maybe they just wanted a new platform. If it was a new platform goal, I think they could have done a better job.

Reactions: maven4336
Update; just tried the MP4 file on a new MacBook Pro with M1Pro Chip ... played just fine ... must be my older Mac not able to handle it ...

Update; just tried the MP4 file on a new MacBook Pro with M1Pro Chip ... played just fine ... must be my older Mac not able to handle it ...
5.1k is significantly more information to process (25% more). You need either top end machine or use proxy files to play smoothly.

Reactions: Hunter_k
Fly app. Go4 worked well. I can understand DJI either not being able to load all their new mini’s on the Go4, or maybe they just wanted a new platform. If it was a new platform goal, I think they could have done a better job.
The new app has to be given time to mature,does not happen overnight.
Have to give it a chance.

5.1k is significantly more information to process (25% more). You need either top end machine or use proxy files to play smoothly.

Yep, thought my older Mac might be able to handle ... I resize the files down to 4K and they were find from there ... I'll record in 4K natively going forward.

5.1K H.265 is too hard for a 2GB video card.

I have a RTX 3070 (8GB DDR6) and struggle playing the raw files.

Reactions: Hunter_k
The new app has to be given time to mature,does not happen overnight.
Have to give it a chance.
With what I have seen when mixing the words”time”and”DJI”, I know not to hold my breath.

Hi, just flew my new Mavic 3 for the first time this PM. Using the latest firmware, and latest version of the Fly app.

Couple of things I noticed;

No display pop-up showing correction "Precision Landing" like the DJI Go4 app with my Mavic 2

Can't go into DLOG mode, only normal for type of video settings ...

Tried playing back a 5.1K video on my iMAC (about 5 years old) ... very jumpy ... H264 ... is this my older mac? specs below ... using a SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB card which shows as one of the recommended card in the manual. Haven't ever had a problem with 4K video ... is the 5.1 that much of a difference?

View attachment 139154

On the fly app, under the Advanced setting for EXP ... it says normal ... but hitting "Soft" or "Sport" does not do anything ... should it ... can alter the settings manually but not via those icons

View attachment 139153
I had the exact same problem on 5.1k H.264. Try H.265, It played smooth even direct from my Sandisk Extreme Pro.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Got to agree here . . disappointed with decision to "fly" instead of Go4

Reactions: Starz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000