DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Jan update issues.

DNC78

Reactions
So today I decided to try out the new updated features on the Mavic 3, after taking off and testing the handling which was fine I decided to try Mastershots out after having issues with camera shaking during the dronie part of Mastershots after the Dec update and it worked fine this time round no issues 👌🏻.
Next I tested the Panoramas out and the 9pic pano first and half way through the sequence it just froze with the camera pointing towards the ground and wouldn’t continue the sequence, I was unable to cancel the pano and had to manually fly back and land (100m) as the screen had froze on the last picture taken so I had no live feed from the drone and after landing turned both the drone and remote off and on, eventually having to restart the app on my iPhone to regain a live feed 😡. Next I tried a 360 pano and this time hovering 10m up in the air incase I lost live feed again but the 360 would not start 🤦🏼‍♂️ So I moved on to a 180 which didn’t complete and again I had to land to regain a live feed. Not wanting to temp fate I decided to have a little manual fight to test the handling some more before heading home. Mid flight the drone just stopped and decided to do the 360pano from the previous flight even though the drone and remote had been turned off and on inbetween??? This completed fine but at this point I cut my losses and landed and packed up 🤯🤯. Has anybody else experienced anything similar? I’m at the end of my tether with the Mavic 3 now and feel like I’ve paid £2k+ to join a DJI testing program and right now I wish I’d just not bothered.

So today I decided to try out the new updated features on the Mavic 3, after taking off and testing the handling which was fine I decided to try Mastershots out after having issues with camera shaking during the dronie part of Mastershots after the Dec update and it worked fine this time round no issues 👌🏻.
Next I tested the Panoramas out and the 9pic pano first and half way through the sequence it just froze with the camera pointing towards the ground and wouldn’t continue the sequence, I was unable to cancel the pano and had to manually fly back and land (100m) as the screen had froze on the last picture taken so I had no live feed from the drone and after landing turned both the drone and remote off and on, eventually having to restart the app on my iPhone to regain a live feed 😡. Next I tried a 360 pano and this time hovering 10m up in the air incase I lost live feed again but the 360 would not start 🤦🏼‍♂️ So I moved on to a 180 which didn’t complete and again I had to land to regain a live feed. Not wanting to temp fate I decided to have a little manual fight to test the handling some more before heading home. Mid flight the drone just stopped and decided to do the 360pano from the previous flight even though the drone and remote had been turned off and on inbetween??? This completed fine but at this point I cut my losses and landed and packed up 🤯🤯. Has anybody else experienced anything similar? I’m at the end of my tether with the Mavic 3 now and feel like I’ve paid £2k+ to join a DJI testing program and right now I wish I’d just not bothered.
I have had no such issues with pano, after update. But I still have the extremely slow gps locking problem, and beware of the wide angle lens as you will have to land and change lens for anything other than straight photo and video. Other than that my M3 has been stellar, now more than 120 flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose