Join Us Now

Mavic 3 + Lightroom + Color Profiles

Desert Drone Works

Fancy Title Here
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.desertdroneworks.com
I'm honestly not sure if this is drone related or something to do with Adobe Lightroom, so apologies in advance. My Air 2S, when importing images in lightroom, would give me a whole slew of Adobe color profiles that I could use. Now with the Mavic 3, I only have 2 options in the basic dropdown... "Color" and "Monochrome". Is this somehow related to the camera firmware? Or maybe I'm missing something obvious.

For additional reference, I can browse to artistic, b&w, etc, but the Adobe Landscape etc do not exist in pictures taken with the Mavic 3.

Thank you for any insight in advance.

Reactions: SFC117
I'm honestly not sure if this is drone related or something to do with Adobe Lightroom, so apologies in advance. My Air 2S, when importing images in lightroom, would give me a whole slew of Adobe color profiles that I could use. Now with the Mavic 3, I only have 2 options in the basic dropdown... "Color" and "Monochrome". Is this somehow related to the camera firmware? Or maybe I'm missing something obvious.

For additional reference, I can browse to artistic, b&w, etc, but the Adobe Landscape etc do not exist in pictures taken with the Mavic 3.

Those profiles are made by Adobe for each camera model. The Mavic 3 is brand new so they just haven’t made them at this point. They may in the future but they obviously don’t make them for every single camera.

DNGs also support built in profiles from the manufacturer so the need for Adobe to make make those camera specific profiles isn’t as high. I’m actually more surprised they made them for the Air2s than anything

Those profiles are made by Adobe for each camera model. The Mavic 3 is brand new so they just haven’t made them at this point. They may in the future but they obviously don’t make them for every single camera.

DNGs also support built in profiles from the manufacturer so the need for Adobe to make make those camera specific profiles isn’t as high. I’m actually more surprised they made them for the Air2s than anything
Thank you for that. Learn something new every day!

The Adobe profiles mostly work on RAW files. Jpegs do not have the dynamic range and color space to make that make sense.

Look here this works also with your drone!

Reactions: brett8883
Lightroom does this when the image is not raw data. Only raw data files can be acted upon by the presets. Jpeg etc have that already baked in by the creating camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000