DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Long exposure shots and filter options?

Foley909

Reactions
Just curious to see what folks have done with the Mavic 3 in the long exposure department? As we all know, the M2P was pretty darn rock solid, so I'm assuming the M3 should be able to provide even better results within the 3 second plus second category. It seems Freewell is the only company offering an all day kit along with a ND1000 at this point. Polar Pro just released a big line but lack the Shutter series they offered for the M2P.

Im in the freezing snow right now in NY, so show me some tropical sun sets, headlights, foggy ocean water, and silky smooth waterfalls! GO!

Last edited:
Just curious to see what folks have done with the Mavic 3 in the long exposure department? As we all know, the M2P was pretty darn rock solid, so I'm assuming the M3 should be able to provide even better results within the 3 second plus second category. It seems Freewell is the only company offering an all day kit along with a ND1000 at this point. Polar Pro just realized a big line but lack the Shutter series they offered for the M2P.

Im in the freezing snow right now in NY, so show me some tropical sun sets with headlights, foggy ocean water, and silky smooth waterfalls! GO!
Just curious to see what folks have done with the Mavic 3 in the long exposure department? As we all know, the M2P was pretty darn rock solid, so I'm assuming the M3 should be able to provide even better results within the 3 second plus second category. It seems Freewell is the only company offering an all day kit along with a ND1000 at this point. Polar Pro just realized a big line but lack the Shutter series they offered for the M2P.

Im in the freezing snow right now in NY, so show me some tropical sun sets with headlights, foggy ocean water, and silky smooth waterfalls! GO!
Here is one in Tanzania near Arusha.Materuni Falls. Taken with MavicMini 2.

Attachments

• Materuni Falls-slow water.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • Materuni Falls-slow water.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
Reactions: Bussty and PhotoDB
this is muriwai beach here in Auckland
, New Zealand .. used a cheap ND1000 from AliExpress :) seems to work well :)

(Mavic 3) I’ve also had great results with upto around 8 seconds! This M3 is amazing
Stunning! How many seconds was the exposure?

Stunning! How many seconds was the exposure?
This one was between 3-5 seconds :)

Here’s the link to the ND1000 on AliExpress that I got :)

NZ$ 14.22 20% Off | Filter Lens For DJI Mavic 3 UV ND4/8/16/32 NDPL Set CPL ND1000 Night Star Camera Lens Filter For DJI Mavic 3 Drone Accessories

Reactions: Bussty
This one was between 3-5 seconds :)

Here’s the link to the ND1000 on AliExpress that I got :)

NZ$ 14.22 20% Off | Filter Lens For DJI Mavic 3 UV ND4/8/16/32 NDPL Set CPL ND1000 Night Star Camera Lens Filter For DJI Mavic 3 Drone Accessories
Is amazing what you can get on Aliexpress! (Hi neighbour! well not quite...Queenstown :))

Oh and great shot!

this is muriwai beach here in Auckland
, New Zealand .. used a cheap ND1000 from AliExpress :) seems to work well :)

(Mavic 3) I’ve also had great results with upto around 8 seconds! This M3 is amazing
Amazing shot. I also managed to get the ND1000 and ND2000 from Actiontech but have not used them for any long exposures as yet, waiting for a very bright weekend to test it out.

Reactions: Bussty and nzmikey
Is amazing what you can get on Aliexpress! (Hi neighbour! well not quite...Queenstown :))

Oh and great shot!
Yeah pretty impressed especially with no or very little colour cast :)

Queenstown nice !! Heading back down next month then off to Milford sound again (can’t wait!) then back again august to get married at stoneridge estate lol

Yeah pretty impressed especially with no or very little colour cast :)

Queenstown nice !! Heading back down next month then off to Milford sound again (can’t wait!) then back again august to get married at stoneridge estate lol
Might have to save that link! Thanks

Milford Sound! Love it, most favourite drive ever...

hollyford winter.jpg

Congrats on the wedding! Stoneridge is stunning overlooking Lake Hayes. Very small world about 2.5kms from where I live. You are in for an awesome time :)

We normally head down every few months (can’t get enough of the South Island .. Have a real thing for Tekapo , Queenstown, Milford sound .. hell the entire South Island really!! Would trade Auckland to be down there permanently any day :)

We normally head down every few months (can’t get enough of the South Island .. Have a real thing for Tekapo , Queenstown, Milford sound .. hell the entire South Island really!! Would trade Auckland to be down there permanently any day :)
I have a mate in CHCH and every year (normally the depths of winter) we head away to either Central Otago, Mackenzie Basin, Coastal Otago, Fiordland or Southland and just have 6 days of nothing but photography. It's dark early but that's OK as then we get to edit :) Best week of the year (apart from my Wedding anniversary of course ha ha - you'll find this)

A lot of the trips results can be found here... Landscape | New Zealand | Andrew Busst | Photography | Queenstown

You just need to make the move, I was living in Palmy until about 1991 then just upped and headed to the South just cos it's awesome. Never looked back! :) Been in Queenstown since year of the floods 1999. You can imagine the local bike rides this time of year with Autumn coming on...amazing! You'll have this for your wedding...

You enjoy and all the best for the big day, no flying the drone during the ceremony 🤣

Week away for just photography is just bliss!! :) I do landscapes as well and before COVID was down every 2nd / third month shooting landscapes (and weddings) yeah we are definitely eventually move down within the next 2 years (after our Europe trip) argh!! The Dolomites! Can’t wait 📸👌

Here’s a few landscapes of mine too www.nzscenery.co.nz

Had a look at ya site ! Nice ! 👌🙌

Week away for just photography is just bliss!! :) I do landscapes as well and before COVID was down every 2nd / third month shooting landscapes (and weddings) yeah we are definitely eventually move down within the next 2 years (after our Europe trip) argh!! The Dolomites! Can’t wait 📸👌

An amazing collection you have there, well done.

Wow you have ben around! Your site is awesome AND you are going to the Dolomites! Personal dream of mine :)

So many of the places you have visited are familiar to me. The never ending gift of photography, no matter where you are you having something to capture :)

Looking forward to seeing your Dolomite pics.

Take care

Last edited:
Reactions: nzmikey
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000