DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 loses connection with DJI RC controller

Julius Danziger

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I just bought a Mavic 3 Classic with the DJI RC controller.
Today was the first time that I flew the drone and on all three occasions the RC controller lost contact with the drone and did not respond and on one of the flights the controller screen became black as if it was turned off and there was nothing I could do to get it working again
The drone was about 2500 feet away at a height of about 275 feet.Luckily the drone retuned black to its home point by auto
Appreciate any insight into what happened or whatI should do to prevent this happening again
Thanks

I would return immediately, and start again.

Not every drone out of the box is perfect but it should be.

That includes a perfect Horizon out of the box., In general if the Horizon is off that means the shipping to you was rough seas.

Many might say to update this and that but the Truth is you want something perfect out of the box, .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: Jam0ne
Most people have had that happen as a rare occasion but in most cases the blank screen returns within moments. I have heard of few if any folks that have had that happen with such frequency. I'd def contact DJI.

I had that happen once or twice with my MA2. Fist, you want to make sure your phone battery is charged before flying. If not, then what happened to you should happen provided you have your defaults set to RTH before flying and losing contact. When that happened to me, I restarted the controller and found everything as usual with the drone returning to home. It is scary to be sure.

It's funny, in the time (going on 10 months) that I have owned my Mavic 3 with RC Pro, my Avata (owned since release), or my FPV nazgul evoque f5 drone I've had zero loss of signal or disconnects with the control station. In the absence of any additional information I would immediately return the drone/controller to dji for repair or replacement.

I see that there is no information about where the flight was conducted, surrounding area or weather. There are so many factors that come into play you need to pull the flight data and see what actually occurred. Flying a drone is more than just putting it up in the air, did you check with some known apps to check the KP index? was there wind, rain or snow, did you fly it behind a building or any natural obstacle that would cause connection disruption? there is a laundry list of question that need to be answered and the only way to start is to pull the flight data.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka