DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 / Matrice 300 RTK / Mini 3 Pro antenna mod

solidhouse

Reactions
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share my Antenna setup for my Mavic 3, Matrice 300 RTK, and Mini 3 Pro.

The stock setup for all 3 aircraft listed above didn't allow me to have the range which I wanted. I upgraded to al Alientech DUO II which almost doubled the range. However, it still wasn't allowing me to go as far as I wanted.

I experimented with various amplifiers and antennas. I started out with 2w, then 4w, then 8w. The 8w with the correct antenna allowed me to get somewhat father away compared to the Alientech. After countess hours fiddling with everything, trying different combinations, and pulling hair out, I was able to find a setup which allows for a very, very long range at a relatively low altitude. I always get a low battery RTH when I decide to turn around. Strong signal as far as I want to go all while keeping the aircrafts under 120m.

The setup I use is a 20w Sunhans amplifier, 17dbi Yagi WiFi antenna, a 30 foot flagpole, and some high quality cables. I though I would share this method in hopes that it may help anyone else on the forums in a similar situation. Attached are some pictures of the setup. Simple and quite effective.

Thanks,

SH

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share my Antenna setup for my Mavic 3, Matrice 300 RTK, and Mini 3 Pro.

The stock setup for all 3 aircraft listed above didn't allow me to have the range which I wanted. I upgraded to al Alientech DUO II which almost doubled the range. However, it still wasn't allowing me to go as far as I wanted.

I experimented with various amplifiers and antennas. I started out with 2w, then 4w, then 8w. The 8w with the correct antenna allowed me to get somewhat father away compared to the Alientech. After countess hours fiddling with everything, trying different combinations, and pulling hair out, I was able to find a setup which allows for a very, very long range at a relatively low altitude. I always get a low battery RTH when I decide to turn around. Strong signal as far as I want to go all while keeping the aircrafts under 120m.

The setup I use is a 20w Sunhans amplifier, 17dbi Yagi WiFi antenna, a 30 foot flagpole, and some high quality cables. I though I would share this method in hopes that it may help anyone else on the forums in a similar situation. Attached are some pictures of the setup. Simple and quite effective.

Thanks,

SH
Looks great, but not (very) portable, which leaves you (relatively) stuck to launching from only 1 location.

Something (more) portable seems like a better solution.

Looks great, but not (very) portable, which leaves you (relatively) stuck to launching from only 1 location.

Something (more) portable seems like a better solution.
Exactly. I have the Alientech that works and is portable although is gets about half the range as the custom setup.

Last edited:
Exactly. I have the Alientech that works and is portable although is gets about half the range as the custom setup.
I think that the height of the antenna also has a lot to do with it.

I think that the height of the antenna also has a lot to do with it.
Depending upon the obstacles and the terrain around the launch point, absolutely!
However, just flying from the roof with a stock setup would replicate the height, but not the increased power over stock with either the Alientech or the custom fixed external antenna.

Reactions: BroomRider
Very cool. I was looking for a setup for my vehicle. Flying from inside. Maybe antennas placed on the hood.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhop786