DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 new firmware update

mihaildorian

Reactions
Today DJI release a new firmware update for Mavic 3. The main reason for that was GPS Lock. I tested and.....same (removed by moderator) :mad: 6'37" to mark home point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
This is fast becoming a legacy for DJI per my perception. I'm asking myself if they even bother testing their code or if all of this is just marketing hype and fallacy. I keep hoping they will get the M3 under control because I love the idea of floating a MFT camera. I love that sensor format in my Blackmagic cameras. Seems like another disappointment at every corner.

Hah! Now I'm just hoping I don't START to have GPS acquisition issues..which I have thus far not had.

Using an M3C and RC Pro, GPS lock time is now worse (2 minutes more) after the "upgrades": 3m50s to get home point.

Update: Might just be coincidental, but I refreshed the M3C and RC Pro's firmware and got quick GPS lock indoors. Outdoors, locked in about 15 seconds.

Last edited:
I can't understand how for all that money the mavic 3 is failing many. My videos are coming out blurry/mushy. I did everything their is possible to no avail and I can't even return this. When I 1st got it it was working amazing. After the updates it looks crappy both video and photos. I did everything you will tell me and even contacted DJI. Anyone have this problem? Even pano mode it comes out distorted. MISS MY P4P!

Just updated M3 and RC Pro, powered up, 4 sats within a few seconds, 15 locked and HP updated in under 60 seconds. Turned everything off for 5 minutes, on restart had 15 locked still and ready to fly 👍

Traveling a couple hundred kms from home today so taking it with to try again after relocation.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Are you guys that are still having slow GPS Acquisition using the RC-N1 or the RC-PRO and if using the latter are you connected to a network at the time? I’ve read that those using the RC-PROwhile connected to a network have fast acquisitions..
I’m going to update when I get home..

Are you guys that are still having slow GPS Acquisition using the RC-N1 or the RC-PRO and if using the latter are you connected to a network at the time? I’ve read that those using the RC-PROwhile connected to a network have fast acquisitions..
I’m going to update when I get home..
For me, RC Pro and connected to network.

Second go, nearly 200kms from home (last recorded HP). Powered up M3 and RC Pro, light tree cover, no network connectivity, had 13 sats and HP updated in 1:10.
Happy with that :)

No network connectivity, not even mobile service where I was :)

Today DJI release a new firmware update for Mavic 3. The main reason for that was GPS Lock. I tested and.....same (removed by moderator) :mad: 6'37" to mark home point.
My brand new M3 and RC Pro controller have hardly been used. (Less than a month since delivery). I updated both the RC Pro Controller and M3 yesterday and had no trouble getting lock and home point in relatively short time. I admire I did not time it .

Dale

Reactions: SmilingOgre
So sorry you guys are having problems just wanted to ask at this point was it worth buying the latest Mavic something told me don’t do it I guess my gut I read so many negative post I guess my main question it’s all about the camera and battery life why anyone would want the latest I just remember back when everybody was talking about the Mavic 3,As we all remember a lot of people were wondering if they were ever going to come out with it just wanted to know a few people’s thoughts when they go out to fly either latest newest Drone was it worth it???

Reactions: VanP
Same to me!
Update!!

Today gps works for me perfect. I dont know why at the day when i update it didnt work.

First start 2.30 minutes gps lock 13.satelites.

5 hours later i get gps lock 1.45 secounds.

So i am happy now👍

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser