Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 new year's vid

life.in.nb

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
So i did my first night flight with my mavic 3. I am quite new to this drone, and not familiar with night photography AT ALL.

I need some criticism on the video i uploaded to youtube. I know the overhead shot was a little bit too long winded.

But in the very beginning, i had some light flickering happening about 23 seconds in on the slide to right, any idea how to get that to stop?

New Year's eve vid.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
that opening shot is just hard on the eyes and can make you dizzy. If you do that pan you need to move slowly , but everything else the music and the scope of your shots, Beautifully done.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Reactions: life.in.nb
that opening shot is just hard on the eyes and can make you dizzy. If you do that pan you need to move slowly , but everything else the music and the scope of your shots, Beautifully done.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain and Land on the Water.
Roger that! You are right, the opening shot, was my least favorite.

So i did my first night flight with my mavic 3. I am quite new to this drone, and not familiar with night photography AT ALL.

I need some criticism on the video i uploaded to youtube. I know the overhead shot was a little bit too long winded.

But in the very beginning, i had some light flickering happening about 23 seconds in on the slide to right, any idea how to get that to stop?

New Year's eve vid.

You can fix flickering using Davinci Resolve. It has a scpecific FX to correct it. Also, temporal noise reduction would benefit your video but you need the paid version for both. If you decide to try it and find problems, just ask.

For my taste, scenes of the video are too long and some of them too fast and without smooth movement (by the way, if you haven't used any kind of stabilization on edit, you also should use it). I think you could improve the video on the following ways:
- Making it shorter, using only parts of the clips with consistent and smooth movement,
- Giving all the scenes the same colour scheme: now some look greenish, other brownish, .... etc.

And on the future, try to avoid:
- To get shoots panning and if you have to do it, shoot them much slower
- The same for scenes with only drone yaw as the first one of the video
- Try to combine several constant movements of the drone at the same time and if you add gimbal movement, even better.

If you would like to see an example of what I have said, put into practice, here is an example of this

Reactions: life.in.nb
You can fix flickering using Davinci Resolve. It has a scpecific FX to correct it. Also, temporal noise reduction would benefit your video but you need the paid version for both. If you decide to try it and find problems, just ask.

For my taste, scenes of the video are too long and some of them too fast and without smooth movement (by the way, if you haven't used any kind of stabilization on edit, you also should use it). I think you could improve the video on the following ways:
- Making it shorter, using only parts of the clips with consistent and smooth movement,
- Giving all the scenes the same colour scheme: now some look greenish, other brownish, .... etc.

- To get shoots panning and if you have to do it, shoot them much slower
- Try to combine several constant movements of the drone at the same time and if you add gimbal movement, even better.

If you would like to see an example of what I have said, put into practice, here is an example of this

All Great Advice! Thank you!
Is Davinci Resolve as good as Adobe Premiere Pro? i'm not a big fan of paying monthly for a darn program. But i like the adjustments you can make in Adobe Premiere Pro, and being able to add LUTS etc.

question: what did you mean by this?
-

p.s. the quality of that video you posted is insane. I'm still trying to get my head around the whole noise reduction. I just got the mavic 3, i have seen people posting video's straight out of the drone at night on auto settings and it looks gorgeous, mine, it doesn't on auto. =(

All Great Advice! Thank you!

You're welcome!

Is Davinci Resolve as good as Adobe Premiere Pro? i'm not a big fan of paying monthly for a darn program. But i like the adjustments you can make in Adobe Premiere Pro, and being able to add LUTS etc.

I haven't used Premiere Pro seriously so I can't answer you for sure but I suspect you can do a lot more with Davinci Resolve: I usually say that with Resolve the limit is your imagination.

question: what did you mean by this?
-

I mean don't just shoot scenes by turning the drone on its axis, make it go backwards, forwards, downwards, .... and much slower than you did in the first scene of your video.

p.s. the quality of that video you posted is insane.

Thanks!

I'm still trying to get my head around the whole noise reduction. I just got the mavic 3, i have seen people posting video's straight out of the drone at night on auto settings and it looks gorgeous, mine, it doesn't on auto. =(

It could be for many reasons, maybe those videos are a bit corrected, maybe the light conditions were better than the ones you have tested, maybe the camera was not fully automatic (they fixed colour balance, or aperture, or, ...) That said, it is difficult to know but I would not worry, I do not think your camera is worse than the rest of Mavics 3

If you subscribe to my Youtube channel, I'd appreciate it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots