DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 No improovments

zinko

Reactions
Hello

What is wrong with dji enginers?

I dont understand why are they stop improving mavic 3…no new funcionality…waypoints,active track improvments…

All mavic i have before there vas almost on week new updates and new funcionality improvments…
But on this 2100€ machine they just not try to get better?

Hello

What is wrong with dji enginers?

I dont understand why are they stop improving mavic 3…no new funcionality…waypoints,active track improvments…

All mavic i have before there vas almost on week new updates and new funcionality improvments…
But on this 2100€ machine they just not try to get better?
Patience. They have been busy with the two new M3 Enterprise models!

Reactions: RandallW99
The current message at developer.dji.com isn't promising. Roadmap for future MSDK says a major overhaul of the whole architecture and focus on enterprise line of drones. The consumer ones would hence be not prioritized as I interpret the situation unfortunately.

Firmware updates are primarily for fixing issues found after initial release and optimising performance.
For the Mavic 3, they were also for delivering features promised at launch and not available at launch.
Occasionally they add surprise new features, but such cases are the exception, rather than the rule.

If the drone is flying properly and has all the features promised at launch, it's not realistic to expect that DJI keep adding new features and improvements.
Particularly for a drone that was released 11 months ago.

DJI have announced a forthcoming firmware upgrade option for the Mavic 3 in connection with the C1 drone certification (relevant to the European Union legislative framework). This will be a voluntary upgrade so not sure if it will have many benefits for non EU flyers.

Details should include:
  • The Mavic 3 series meets the new noise reduction level of 83db.
  • When the ActiveTrack Intelligent Flight Mode is used to film people or objects, the distance from the person/object will be limited to 50 m. Beyond 50 m, ActiveTrack will be disabled.
  • the Auxiliary LEDs will be turned on or off automatically during use, based on the actual environment, and
  • the LEDs at the front arms of the drone will blink by default for the duration of the UAV being powered on.

DJI have announced a forthcoming firmware upgrade option for the Mavic 3 in connection with the C1 drone certification (relevant to the European Union legislative framework). This will be a voluntary upgrade so not sure if it will have many benefits for non EU flyers.

Details should include:
  • The Mavic 3 series meets the new noise reduction level of 83db.
  • When the ActiveTrack Intelligent Flight Mode is used to film people or objects, the distance from the person/object will be limited to 50 m. Beyond 50 m, ActiveTrack will be disabled.
  • the Auxiliary LEDs will be turned on or off automatically during use, based on the actual environment, and
  • the LEDs at the front arms of the drone will blink by default for the duration of the UAV being powered on.

I can also see many disadvantages to this voluntary upgrade for non EU flyers!

I can also see many disadvantages to this voluntary upgrade for non EU flyers!
Yes but the reality is that it will tie up focus for the team. Reducing the noise /decibel count (if this is actualised) would be a universal benefit.

Yes but the reality is that it will tie up focus for the team. Reducing the noise /decibel count (if this is actualised) would be a universal benefit.
Indeed! Tying up the development team is yet another disadvantage. Noise level on the Mavic 3 is already pretty low, and the up to 28x dynamic zoom is perfect for surreptitious surveillance, as you can fly from up to 28 times further away, where the noise is completely lost in the ambient background noise. Disabling Active Tracking from over 50m will cripple it, and blinking front LED's will ruin video and stills, and automatic Auxiliary LED's will prevent user control. No thank you!

Indeed! Tying up the development team is yet another disadvantage. Noise level on the Mavic 3 is already pretty low, and the up to 28x dynamic zoom is perfect for surreptitious surveillance, as you can fly from up to 28 times further away, where the noise is completely lost in the ambient background noise. Disabling Active Tracking from over 50m will cripple it, and blinking front LED's will ruin video and stills, and automatic Auxiliary LED's will prevent user control. No thank you!
Yeah for sure. but for drone pilots in the EU, moving the Mavic 3 into the A1 category will be a big deal, as it allows it to be used in urban areas without special permission (still with many conditions), versus not being able to use the drone within 150 metres of people after 2023

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22