DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 or Classic?

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
Hi, guys!
I am in the middle of upgrading from my trusty Air 2S to possibly the Mavic 3. Now there is a Mavic 3 Classic rumor floating in the air, and I was wondering if it is only the zoom camera that the Classic variant will not have. As seen in many other cases from DJI, they tend to up things a notch or two when they release a newer version of a model. Because I don't want to get the Mavic 3 only to learn that the possibly cheaper Classic variant has tiny little this or that has been upgraded from the Mavic 3.

Is there a time constraint? Remember the M3 issues that went on for months? Has DJI got this new one at 100% right out of the box?
I won’t buy any new DJI products until all the scientists here on this forum have all the bugs dissected.
Just a thought. You decide.

My advice would be to buy what you need when you need it because there will always be something newer in the works. The Mavic 3 Classic is just a rumour and who knows whether or not if it will actually be something that DJI will release.

The Mavic 3 is now a complete and fully functional drone and the secondary tele camera has been improved considerably with firmware updates and is very useful so the extra cost in my opinion is worth it.

When I bought my Mavic 3, the price dropped about CAN$200 a month later and has stayed that way since. Sure, I wish I could have known and got the $200 discount but at the time I was planning a trip to Newfoundland and wanted to get the drone to fly it and have experience with it before my trip so in retrospect the extra $200 I paid was worth it. The point I'm trying to make is, if you need the Mavic 3 now and all it offers, then buy one, otherwise hold on to your Air 2S.

Chris

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
Is there a time constraint? Remember the M3 issues that went on for months? Has DJI got this new one at 100% right out of the box?
I won’t buy any new DJI products until all the scientists here on this forum have all the bugs dissected.
Just a thought. You decide.
I don't think DJI will have any drone with 100% functionality out of the box ever. But it is true that the M3 was a sole contender for this category, with too many things missing at launch. Thanks for your valuable input! 👍

My advice would be to buy what you need when you need it because there will always be something newer in the works. The Mavic 3 Classic is just a rumour and who knows whether or not if it will actually be something that DJI will release.

The Mavic 3 is now a complete and fully functional drone and the secondary tele camera has been improved considerably with firmware updates and is very useful so the extra cost in my opinion is worth it.

When I bought my Mavic 3, the price dropped about CAN$200 a month later and has stayed that way since. Sure, I wish I could have known and got the $200 discount but at the time I was planning a trip to Newfoundland and wanted to get the drone to fly it and have experience with it before my trip so in retrospect the extra $200 I paid was worth it. The point I'm trying to make is, if you need the Mavic 3 now and all it offers, then buy one, otherwise hold on to your Air 2S.

Chris
I wish I did not see the rumors. Before letting go of my Air 2S I am also switching to the RC Pro and hence holding off to pull the trigger on the M3. Thank you so much for pointing out the facts. 👍

I also got the RC Pro a few months after getting the M3. I love my RC Pro.

Chris

I also got the RC Pro a few months after getting the M3. I love my RC Pro.

Chris
I was hesitant at first and went for a Tablet setup, but I see now it is a lot of hassles just to get the bird up in the air if I have little to no time with this setup. So I am getting the RC Pro instead.

Hi, guys!
I am in the middle of upgrading from my trusty Air 2S to possibly the Mavic 3. Now there is a Mavic 3 Classic rumor floating in the air, and I was wondering if it is only the zoom camera that the Classic variant will not have. As seen in many other cases from DJI, they tend to up things a notch or two when they release a newer version of a model. Because I don't want to get the Mavic 3 only to learn that the possibly cheaper Classic variant has tiny little this or that has been upgraded from the Mavic 3.
Check out the reviews and updates on YOUTUBE. There is a ton of good informatio.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98