DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Panos with 161mm lens

Tony_S

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have been flying the excellent Mavic 3 now for two years. This has taken over (to some extent) from my Mavic 2 Pro which I still fly. As a photographer I am always trying to extract the maximum quality and versatility from the sensors of the dji drones. Having access to a wide variety of focal lengths on the Mavic series until recently has meant keeping legacy aircraft. The excellent 28mm (equv) lens on the 1” Mavic 2 Pro sensor, I often find a more useful focal length than the ubiquitous 24mm prime found on most other drones. The 22mm (equv) on the Air 2s with a 20mp sensor is a real keeper. For me, however, the Mavic 3 was a game changer and not because of the 24mm micro 4/3 sensor. The poorly regarded 161mm (equv) fixed aperture f/4.4 1/2” has been a revelation for my kind of photography. More recently I have had much success with stitched panoramas at this focal length. This is a real tribute to the stability of the camera/gimbal and drone. I have successfully stitched up 3 images, at this focal length, with good results. My next purchase a Mavic 3 Pro with the 70mm (equv) 0.75” sensor which will be an excellent addition. I have appended a stitched panorama (2 images with PTGui) from the Mavic 3’s 161mm lens taken of Red Wharf Bay, a beautiful spot off the east coat of Anglesey, UK.DJI_0341 Panorama V5 pdi.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr