DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 pro focus track with photos

WaldHeri

Reactions
Hi! I am thinking of getting the mavic 3 pro and I was wondering if it is possible to take timed photos while using the focus track feature. This would be great for taking stills which I would be a part of, because I could hide the remote in a natural way. If the timed photos while using focus track does not work, is there any other way to make the drone take shots without pressing the shutter key on the remote every time?

Shooting Modes
Video: Normal, Slow Motion.
Photo: Single, SmartPhoto, AEB, and Timed Shot.
MasterShots: Select a subject. The aircraft will record while executing different maneuvers in sequence and
keeping the subject in the center of the frame. A short cinematic video will be generated afterward.
Hyperlapse: Choose from Free, Circle, Course Lock, and Waypoints.

SmartSelect_20220116-180739_Gallery.jpg
Also it's just Mavic 3. There is no "Pro" Moniker, though a case could be made that the "Cine" is the Pro.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply! I found the timed shot setting from the manual as well, but the question is if it is possible to use that while active tracking (or focus tracking)?

Thanks for the reply! I found the timed shot setting from the manual as well, but the question is if it is possible to use that while active tracking (or focus tracking)?
I'm certain it can't be used in combination with any of the Focus Track Suite (Spotlight, Active Track, POI) -Mainly because the features are presented in separate menus. Timed Shot under "Photo" and Tracking under Focus Track.

It would be nice if we could combine features. I'd like to see DJI borrow from Autel the ability to take full resolution photos while recording video. The 10 second, 30, 60, 120 etc. PIV Photo In Video mode is particularly brilliant. I have a folder full of fantastic photos that I didn't have to extract video frames to have. There are lots of throwaway shots, but who cares? I'd rather have that than... well, you can toss unneeded shots but you can't go back in time and take a missed shot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54