DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro, on its way to Everest Base Camp

SkywalkerFeng

Reactions
Site
www.instagram.com
The leaked image shows Gelje Sherpa, on his way to Everest Base Camp in the Himalayas of Nepal, holding a DJI Mavic 3 Pro in his hand. He is most likely one of the beta testers of the new drone.

I trekked in that region a few years back, and know how windy it could be. This image gives me more confidence about the stability of the redesigned gimbal, to handle the increase size/weight of the triple camera module.

More information about Gelje Sherpa:

WechatIMG20112.jpeg

Last edited:
A good read, thanks for posting.

I do hope he gets Kanchenjunga cleanly and safely, it claims more lives per climber attempting it than any other Himalayan peak, around 22% (about the same as K2).
We were up at north base camp in 2012 and looking up from 5700m another 3km to the peak, the wind was fiercely blowing snow and ice from the summit.
We were unaware at the time, but there was an Indian climbing team nearly summiting at that time, climbing from south base camp . . . they were just 300m from the peak, but were forced to turn back.
We met them after we all walked out of the region to the south, and their bullock team and mountains of gear, many porters & guides.

I am reading Nimsdai Pirja's book now Beyond Possible (also on Netflix - 14 Peaks).
He holds the record at 35 or 36 years old for climbing all 14 of the 8000m + peaks in the shortest time 6 months and 6 days.

The leaked image shows Gelje Sherpa, on his way to Everest Base Camp in the Himalayas of Nepal, holding a DJI Mavic 3 Pro in his hand. He is most likely one of the beta testers of the new drone.

I trekked in that region a few years back, and know how windy it could be. This image gives me more confidence about the stability of the redesigned gimbal, to handle the increase size/weight of the triple camera module.

View attachment 162931
Fantastic! One of the Best and most beautiful places to test it.. Cant wait to see the results...

View attachment 162931
Only time and more reviews other than just one photo,will we know about camera stability,and or other issues if any.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka