DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro with RC Pro Internet Connection for Live Maps

Point Zero

Reactions
Hi all,

So I am about to purchase the new M3P with the RC Pro and as I have always used my phone with my previous drone M2P I am wondering how the RC Pro will connect to the internet when I am out and about flying it.

Does the RC Pro connect to my phone to access the internet for maps etc?

Sorry for the noobish question but I have not had much luck looking online

Thanks

I believe you can download maps prior to flying when connected to wifi or you can connect/tether the RC Pro to a mobile hotspot on your phone if available. Coincidentally I have two RC Pros for sale if you're interested in saving a bit for a preowned controller, send me a message.

You can connect the RC Pro to your phones hotspot for internet
Thats how I've been flying since 2014- Hotspot to whatever tablet, phone or controller I am using. And if you are out and about and know you are heading into a No-cell service area, Hotspot link your controller where you have service and pre-load the maps. Quit the Fly app and when you get there the maps are Cached.

I believe you can download maps prior to flying when connected to wifi or you can connect/tether the RC Pro to a mobile hotspot on your phone if available. Coincidentally I have two RC Pros for sale if you're interested in saving a bit for a preowned controller, send me a message.
Do you still have the RC PRO?

Hi all,

So I am about to purchase the new M3P with the RC Pro and as I have always used my phone with my previous drone M2P I am wondering how the RC Pro will connect to the internet when I am out and about flying it.

Does the RC Pro connect to my phone to access the internet for maps etc?

Sorry for the noobish question but I have not had much luck looking online

Thanks
You should check search /check discussion on map resolution with the RC Pro.
I am very happy with my RC Pro but disappointed in Satellite map res, particularly when planning flights with the drone powered down like Waypoints.
The map res on my iPad was perfectly clear and therefore much more accurate to plan waypoints.

here is one link:

Hotspot is good, connect it and power the RC Pro with a Satellite view before powering the M3 and it will assist the M3 to establish its position quicker for first flight of the day.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143