DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro

B-rye

Reactions
You know I don't know what to think and they have this new app now AND God forbid some "crazy" with a cell phone and DJI tracking app sees your drone.Of course these new drones come with great enhancements but are heavily restricted/controlled now. Is it really worth buying? I'm thinking no.

DJI Mavic 3 & Mavic 3 Pro Latest Leaks

Definitely not worth buying. Just like none of the previous DJI aircraft have been worth buying. According to the interwebs they are so locked down that they hardly fly anywhere. Come to think of it - mine must all be broken - they fly just fine.

@sar104 you know come to think of it. I think DJI is more into the camera/security business anymore then making actual drones.
I was reading a post here that a guy just bought the new "Mavic mini" and he can't fly in his backyard because of NFZ's and he doesn't live in one. Guess the update to fix that will be out late December someone said.

Definitely not worth buying.
Agree 100% and will be like I was with the MP waiting on
my preorder to ship. :)
Just cause. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Totem and Radpuppy
@dirkclod I was watching "51drones" vlog on YouTube last week ago and he said that for some reason his new mini got stuck at customs for a while. I wonder what they were doing with it????

Reactions: Radpuppy
@dirkclod I was watching "51drones" vlog on YouTube last week ago and he said that for some reason his new mini got stuck at customs for a while. I wonder what they were doing with it????
Wouldn’t know. Had a RPG done that way back when I was
flying my P2V but wasn’t held long.
Not sure what that has to do with this thread anyway. ?

Because It was the latest and greatest from DJI the Mavic mini

Because It was the latest and greatest from DJI the Mavic mini
This topic is the speculation on a M3P as you know you started it so let’s stay on that shall we. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Gary Rowe
...DJI Mavic 3 & Mavic 3 Pro Latest Leaks...
Someone on Twitter posting an image of a wish list ≠ latest leaks. Also, I seriously doubt that there would be a January release. They might do a January announcement, but not a release.

Would there actually be an "Ocusync 3" for a "3" series? That would diminish the value of the DJI Smart Controller, since it uses Ocusync 2. Has Ocusync 2 been a pain point for M2 users?

I think that flying time gains would be minimal, but it's a reasonable assumption that there would be improvements in obstacle avoidance and 4K recording at 60 FPS. A wider aperture more options for low photos/videos.

And of course the ADS-B In radio.

The Mavic 3 (if the rumours are true) will undoubtedly be an awesome product and will no doubt meet the recent and upcoming challengers from DJI's opposition. But there will always be those who refuse to be limited by Geo fencing - they will prefer to go with Autel or Skydio.

Furthermore there will always be reports about Geo fencing destroying people's lives but if, in fact, it was a significant issue adversely affecting a significant number of drone operators (enough to make a difference) then DJI would not be the clear market leader.

Do they not have to file with the FCC 45 days before the can release anything.

You would think so right? I don’t see it being announced as one would expect once filed. Good thinking.
Blue skies from SoCal.
Saw that in one of the threads and also saw in a e mail from Dronelife where Skydio had fled something 45 days in advance on the 2 if I remember correctly the other day.
Also in a thread on this same subject msinger said he had seen nothing.
But if/when it does come out like I said I will jump on it.
Edit/ Sorry @crystal-pete I see now you had that in your post.

Last edited:
Maybe they were planning on releasing the Mavic 3 and then caught wind of what the new Autel has and it sent them back to the drawing board. Updating the Mavic to 4K 60fps dosen't sound so great anymore as the Autel will do 4K 120fps as well as up to 8K. They will need to update much more to stay competetive. This is a good thing...

You know I don't know what to think and they have this new app now AND God forbid some "crazy" with a cell phone and DJI tracking app sees your drone.Of course these new drones come with great enhancements but are heavily restricted/controlled now. Is it really worth buying? I'm thinking no.

DJI Mavic 3 & Mavic 3 Pro Latest Leaks

I have a Mavic 2 zoom and fly it alot. I take it with me much of the time, and have not had a case yet where I was not able to fly due to geo fencing. I do get the compass calibration notice once in a while, but that only takes 30 seconds to complete. There's always more new things coming out down road at some point, and apparently always more rumors to entertain us. Some of the new features will be great and some not so much. At any rate,I'm sure they need to keep them usable or they won't stay in business long. They will only go so far to pacify the government and politicians. Loosing money is usually not an option.

Reactions: Greenflash
The video is just a guess with no evidence at all.
FWIW DJI are likely to wait until the new EU/CE categories go live to release because you cant issue certifications retrospectively.
So a new drone then makes sense (and it'll have remote ID and ADSB-IN to comply as well).

When he says: that's all we know so far on the DJI Mavic 3
... what he really means is : That's what we have guessed and made up so far
There is very little evidence for most of what's in the video.

And rather obvious guesses at that:
-It will have a better camera.
-It will look a lot like a Mavic 2.
-It will be lightweight and well balanced.
-It will have better obstacle avoidance.

Gotta hand it to him for knowing what will draw in the clicks and views, I guess.

Breaking news: the next iPhone will have a better camera and 5G, and will be released around Sept. 2020. You heard it here first.:)

Let's face it, unless you are using your drone to make a living, it's just a very enjoyable hobby. As a very serious amateur photographer (which is what I consider myself, even though I have been published and sold many of my works), I have NEVER waited for the "next best" camera to evolve. Had I done that, I would have never experienced some of the best (and worst) Nikon cameras, both film and digital. Hobbies are rarely a money maker, so just enjoy what you have or buy what you want until something better comes along. And when it does, sell what you have and buy it! So you lose a few hundred bucks, but it's pocket-change compared to the enjoyment you may have missed out on!

I heard about the Mavic 3 rumors and bought a Mavic 2 Pro anyway, my first drone and love the heck out of it! Shoulda, woulda, coulda is NOT in my vocabulary!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1