DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Pro

when we could see the next Mavic Pro?
No word on that release yet. I'm sure it'll be a thing at some point though since it's no doubt one of the most popular DJI models ever released.

Why not get a Mavic 2?

No word on that release yet. I'm sure it'll be a thing at some point though since it's no doubt one of the most popular DJI models ever released.

Why not get a Mavic 2?

I’m upgrading and won’t be buying a different drone for a few years. I’ve owned the Mavic Air for 3 years now. I was considering the Evo Autel 2. But I definitely prefer a DJI drone Though and that’s whyI wanted to first see the Mavic 3 before making a decision. Now I’m just wondering when it would be released

I think it’s going to be a while yet. And when it does come out I don’t think there’s going to be that much of a improvement. We will see. Maybe a slightly better camera with more sensors which actually I don’t rely on those sensors anyway. Even the pro camera is not that much better than the zoom unless you do a lot of editing then you might see the difference other than that not worth the extra money.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I think it’s going to be a while yet. And when it does come out I don’t think there’s going to be that much of a improvement. We will see. Maybe a slightly better camera with more sensors which actually I don’t rely on those sensors anyway. Even the pro camera is not that much better than the zoom unless you do a lot of editing then you might see the difference other than that not worth the extra money.

I want the 1” sensor. Mavic Air 2 just got a big bump and it is now very close to the Pro for half the price. DJI always maintains a good spec difference between the Air and Pro versions. So expecting something better than a minor bump. Also the ADB-S receivers and may be remote Id for upcoming regulations

Reactions: Jet skier
I want the 1” sensor. Mavic Air 2 just got a big bump and it is now very close to the Pro for half the price. DJI always maintains a good spec difference between the Air and Pro versions. So expecting something better than a minor bump. Also the ADB-S receivers and may be remote Id for upcoming regulations

The Mavic Air 2's sensor is nowhere near the pro as it's still using a very small sensor, the 48MP figure is highly misleading because in practice it's really a slightly better 12MP sensor. It does have some video improvements which better the Pro but then it was the same case with the original Air offering some better video features than the original Mavic Pro.

My guess? First quarter of 2021.
I suspect you’re right. The M2s were released about 7 months after the MA. If they followed the same timeline (not that they necessarily would) that would put an M3 somewhere around the end of the year/early next year. The timeline might be a bit longer as they have more competition now and need to make sure the flagship is enough of an improvement to hold the lead for a while. Given the pretty ambitious improvements to the MA2, I’m excited to see what they might put into an M3 and plan on picking one up when it’s eventually released.

Last edited:
I’m upgrading and won’t be buying a different drone for a few years. I’ve owned the Mavic Air for 3 years now. I was considering the Evo Autel 2. But I definitely prefer a DJI drone Though and that’s whyI wanted to first see the Mavic 3 before making a decision. Now I’m just wondering when it would be released
If you have ever flown an evo series drone you will notice that it simply does not have as good a flight control is themavic series no matter what the specs are on either drone. If you like flying to get cinematic footage nothing beats the Mavic two drones

Reactions: fguthrie
if/when the M3 appears, what do you think will happen to the M2 price?
Like usual, the price will likely go down. Otherwise, the price of new models would need to keep increasing every year.

Reactions: Fearless Flight
Prices will drop like all the other drones do. To make room for the new.

If you have ever flown an evo series drone you will notice that it simply does not have as good a flight control is themavic series no matter what the specs are on either drone. If you like flying to get cinematic footage nothing beats the Mavic two drones

This may be true but I've seen some really good footage from the new EVO Autel 2 Pro. The one thing that really draws me towards the EVO is the absence of geo fencing in the EVO. I'm still not crazy about my drone having the ability to override my legal and approved mission due to a glitch in boundaries. I like the idea of getting my authorization and flying without that concern.

The one thing that really draws me towards the EVO is the absence of geo fencing in the EVO. I'm still not crazy about my drone having the ability to override my legal and approved mission due to a glitch in boundaries. I like the idea of getting my authorization and flying without that concern.

The Mavic Pro is hackable and once done has no geo fencing.

I agree that the pro isnt really all that when compared to the zoom but then its only a $200 price diff and if your not into editing the Zoom is fun and you get nice pics and vid right out of the camera. BUT
Wow, i cant disagree more about what to expect from the Mavic3. Heres why:
There was rumor that the Mavic 3 was delayed after the release of the Evo 2 making me think that DJI realized they had better step up the game and decided to add some features to the Mavic 3 to top The Evo 2. All speculation but I already expected to see something with a wow factor esp when compared to the biggest competitor.
Now, add in the release of the Air 2, with just about every spec surpassing the Mavic 2 at 1/2 the cost. In my opinion DJI just put a bullet in the heart of any future Mavic 2 sales. So at this point The AIR 2 is going to be the drone of choice and with its price point should knock it out of the park when compared to the Evo2 as well.
With that being said, the Mavic 3 is going to have to really really be something special if its going to be placed back into that $1600.00 to $2000.00 price range.
We already know its going to have to have at least what the Air2 has and what the Evo2 has so Apas 3, active track 3, dual side sensor cams, top cam, 40 min flight time and with all of that is it still worth more then double the price of the Air2? Not in my book. I really dont know how much more flight tech can be packed in unless flight time can be seriously improved then there isnt really much sense in increasing range past 10km either. My guess is that either we see everything i mentioned in above plus some crazy cameras to justify the price or DJI has reinvented the wheel and the Mavic 3 introduces somthing so mind blowing that it just never occurred to anyone that it was possible. Propless levitation that runs on moon beams and fairy dust.

I agree that the pro isnt really all that when compared to the zoom but then its only a $200 price diff and if your not into editing the Zoom is fun and you get nice pics and vid right out of the camera. BUT
Wow, i cant disagree more about what to expect from the Mavic3. Heres why:
There was rumor that the Mavic 3 was delayed after the release of the Evo 2 making me think that DJI realized they had better step up the game and decided to add some features to the Mavic 3 to top The Evo 2. All speculation but I already expected to see something with a wow factor esp when compared to the biggest competitor.

There were a lot of made up rumours about the Mavic Pro 3 and when they didn't come true, the rumour sites had to cover their backs and make up more rumours because they got it wrong and that was the claim that DJI abandoned the Mavic Pro 3 at the last moment because of the Autel. Which is clearly ludicrous as it would make no sense to abandon the product so late on in its development for a drone that months later after that rumour is still barely available.

There wasn't a shred of evidence for the Mavic Pro 3 rumours even though there should have been actual evidence by that point (regulatory filings, leaked product shots) and I seriously doubt DJI are bothered about the Evo II right now even against the older Mavic 2 series sales wise. It's Autel that need the wow factor to try and take on the dominant market share DJI have.

There were a lot of made up rumours about the Mavic Pro 3 and when they didn't come true, the rumour sites had to cover their backs and make up more rumours because they got it wrong and that was the claim that DJI abandoned the Mavic Pro 3 at the last moment because of the Autel. Which is clearly ludicrous as it would make no sense to abandon the product so late on in its development for a drone that months later after that rumour is still barely available.

There wasn't a shred of evidence for the Mavic Pro 3 rumours even though there should have been actual evidence by that point (regulatory filings, leaked product shots) and I seriously doubt DJI are bothered about the Evo II right now even against the older Mavic 2 series sales wise. It's Autel that need the wow factor to try and take on the dominant market share DJI have.
Like I said all speculation but what about the other factor, The AIR2? DJI themselves have put out a competitor to the Mavic 2 and really for what the AIR 2 is if it were the size of the Mavic 2 they could have called it the Mavic 3 and it would have been a nice upgrade. So now we have an $800.00 DJI product that more then rivals the Mavic 2. It brings us right back around to what can they do to make the Mavic 3 worth double the price of the AIR 2 to the consumer?

Reactions: PhuketAl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e