DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 problem with intermittent antenna connection

seejake

Reactions
Ok So Such got a Mavic 3 and Very excited to add this to my collection, this Is my third day with it and was at the beach early morning. Not a cloud in the sky no trees or anything at all that would block my signal just plenty of clear wide open beach. me and a few early morning joggers. I powered everything up like normal. there appeared to be no issues. I took off and I was literally not even 15 feet away from my drone and it starts jerking in the air, almost like it was going to stall. it kept jerking and jerking . It's probably 10 to 15 ft away from me, It would give me a loss of signal error message on the screen and keep telling me to readjust my antenna. I'm so close to it i could almost reach out and touch it. so i found this very odd. I brought it right back down and powered, my phone and the rc controller and the drone all off, and restarted every thing. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but i also calibrated the rc controller, calibrated the IMU, did a compass calibration and calibrated the gimbal. after all of that i had no error messages so i took off again. this time it acted ok, until it was about 100 ft away, then kind of stopped moving again and started sputtering again just like before acting almost like it was going to stall. i also started getting the readjust your antenna error message again and that the aircraft was going to return to home because it lost the signal. the screen kept freezing up almost like i was 5 miles away or something and the drone is about a hundred feet from me. this is a brand new drone 3rd time i've flown it, i've never had anything like this happen to me with any of my other drones, so I'm really at a loss. With this Mavic 3 is there a setting I'm not getting right, or something I should be doing. Keep in mind the first to times i flown this drone, i had not one problem. Unless It automatically update an update that i don't know about, I'm running the lasted firmware, as i just did all the initial updates 2 days ago. so unless there was a new update that just came out in the last 2 days, I can't imagine it being that, but I I flew it low and close to me me this morning for about a hour, the signal losing contact error came up and million times and my screen kept freezing up constantly. I want to say this is User error, But i've been Flying the air2s since it came out with no one problem and 2 earlier DJI drones all working perfectly, So that's why I think I must be doing something wrong. SO any suggestions, Has this happened to anyone else. Thanks for any help or info you guys have on the subjects i appreciate it

Jason

IMU calibrated on the beach? Did you get a message that all these calibrations needed to be done?

Had a similar problem like yours, but not as severe.
Had a lot of problems with current firmware update 1.7.5.
I deleted the DJI Fly app and reinstalled it with 1.6.12 update
and have had no problems since.
Good Luck

Had a similar problem like yours, but not as severe.
Had a lot of problems with current firmware update 1.7.5.
I deleted the DJI Fly app and reinstalled it with 1.6.12 update
and have had no problems since.
Good Luck
thanks I thought about that, I actually need to see what firmware I have, I just assumed it was the latest cause I haven't even had it a week and set it up like normal and it always makes you update again right out of the box so I assumed it was the latest. thanks for bringing that up

Youre in the US, right? You ARE on Dual-Band transmission, right? Just checking to make sure you're not using a single band like in EU.

So just an update. I called DJI and told them what was going on. They said that it sounded defective and suggested I take it back to the store because it was within 10 days of me buying it. The store checked it out tried to blame it on my cell phone said the it was the problem. I was sure it was not the cell phone. So he took it outside and started it up it did the same thing to him gave him all the warning messages and everything. Including the screen freezing upon him. You could tell in his face he knew something wasn't right. But continued on his cell phone nonsense. So he pulled out his cell phone powered it up and low and behold it continued to,act up. So he finally agreed it was not the cell phone and gave me a new drone. He said it was defective. So fingers crossed this one will work better

So just an update. I called DJI and told them what was going on. They said that it sounded defective and suggested I take it back to the store because it was within 10 days of me buying it. The store checked it out tried to blame it on my cell phone said the it was the problem. I was sure it was not the cell phone. So he took it outside and started it up it did the same thing to him gave him all the warning messages and everything. Including the screen freezing upon him. You could tell in his face he knew something wasn't right. But continued on his cell phone nonsense. So he pulled out his cell phone powered it up and low and behold it continued to,act up. So he finally agreed it was not the cell phone and gave me a new drone. He said it was defective. So fingers crossed this one will work better
Whoever the seller was, he doesn't need to be in business. He should have just taken it back, given you a new one and returned the other to DJI. There's no reason to "prove" anything to that degree. Especially if DJI themselves suggested it was defective.

Whoever the seller was, he doesn't need to be in business. He should have just taken it back, given you a new one and returned the other to DJI. There's no reason to "prove" anything to that degree. Especially if DJI themselves suggested it was defective.
i know right, He acted like he was going to have to pay for it, when DJI will reimburse him i'm sure!! I hope at least lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair