DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Purchase this weekend advice before purchase

Alaskawilder

Reactions
I don't post much in here more of a stalker, was following the threads related to the Mavic 3 Fly more with RC Pro, but it looks like that's not going to happen.

I just sold my Mavic Platinum Fly more combo and having hesitations with this Mavic 3 purchase now.

I fly 90% in the mountains in Alaska filming skiers and snowboarders heli-skiing. So the flight time and the RC Remote is my top reasons for the Mavic 3, I don't care about ProRes nor really like having to turn on the drone to get that footage off the SSD. Batteries are gold to me because of flying in cold 100% of the time. The RC Pro is important because fiddling with your phone out there is a no-go. We typically don't bring phones on these trips.

My Options
Fly more Combo 3000.00
RC PRO 1200.00
Total: 4200.00

Or Cine

800 bucks separating these two doesn't sit right with me. They have the Fly more combo with RC Pro out in China for around $3500 USD this would be perfect! Any recommendations or is my fate set, most likely will go for the 4200.00 option but **** not feeling great about it having a remote I won't use.

Let me know will purchase this Saturday.

Just a thought, have you looked at the Air 2S FMC with RC Pro? $1798 at several places.
I know I've had a few flying buddies say the same thing. The Mavic 3 temp range is a huge plus for me up here and I know the flight time on the 3 is a lie but we can agree it's longer than the Air 2S.
It's a hell of a deal though and a great Drone! I'm nearly always flying in 20-30 degrees F -6C sometimes a little colder. Never one issue with my Mavic Platinum and honestly never had any issues with that drone. I miss it already!

I've made up my mind on the Mavic 3 but just venting a bit is there a little carrot out there, some site selling the package deal or something then these only 2 options DJI has given us.

Thanks for the recommendation though!!

Is it certain that the RC pro combo will NEVER be offered outside China? If not why not wait?
You might be rather 'ticked off' if in a month's time they change their mind AGAIN and offer the RC pro combo outside China.
Besides if people don't buy the existing set up it might encourage DJI to offer more favourable deals.

Watch some of Jake Sloan's videos. Search for Air 2S on his channel. You may be surprised. Try to get in touch with him. He likes to hear from others.
Yep, I've seen all his videos, the videos are shot 30 minutes from me. All the advantages that the Mavic 3 gives wouldn't benefit some, but for me, it's a huge advantage I'm not flying in his types of locations. The speed, ability to handle wind better, colder environments, longer flight time is super important to me. Thank you for the recommendations! Here is a picture where I'm flying I'm mostly standing where the heli is at the top flying down the slope following the skier.

Attachments

• 6EF4A948-FC8C-4D82-BCE7-26F5BEFC8497.jpeg
    6EF4A948-FC8C-4D82-BCE7-26F5BEFC8497.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
Is it certain that the RC pro combo will NEVER be offered outside China? If not why not wait?
You might be rather 'ticked off' if in a month's time they change their mind AGAIN and offer the RC pro combo outside China.
Besides if people don't buy the existing set up it might encourage DJI to offer more favourable deals.
I wouldn't say it's not going to happen at all, but there have been many posts as of late that DJI decided not to release the combo outside of China, the post is around here somewhere. I would wait for some type of deal or this combo but need the equipment by March 1st. So I bite the bullet!

Yep, I've seen all his videos, the videos are shot 30 minutes from me. All the advantages that the Mavic 3 gives wouldn't benefit some, but for me, it's a huge advantage I'm not flying in his types of locations. The speed, ability to handle wind better, colder environments, longer flight time is super important to me. Thank you for the recommendations! Here is a picture where I'm flying I'm mostly standing where the heli is at the top flying down the slope following the skier.
Love that terrain! Would love to heli-ski Alaska. (Though to my Colorado-calibrated senses--perhaps entirely wrong for Alaska--sure looks like avalanche country.)

I don't post much in here more of a stalker, was following the threads related to the Mavic 3 Fly more with RC Pro, but it looks like that's not going to happen.

I just sold my Mavic Platinum Fly more combo and having hesitations with this Mavic 3 purchase now.

I fly 90% in the mountains in Alaska filming skiers and snowboarders heli-skiing. So the flight time and the RC Remote is my top reasons for the Mavic 3, I don't care about ProRes nor really like having to turn on the drone to get that footage off the SSD. Batteries are gold to me because of flying in cold 100% of the time. The RC Pro is important because fiddling with your phone out there is a no-go. We typically don't bring phones on these trips.

My Options
Fly more Combo 3000.00
RC PRO 1200.00
Total: 4200.00

Or Cine

800 bucks separating these two doesn't sit right with me. They have the Fly more combo with RC Pro out in China for around $3500 USD this would be perfect! Any recommendations or is my fate set, most likely will go for the 4200.00 option but **** not feeling great about it having a remote I won't use.

Let me know will purchase this Saturday.
Although I'm far from being an expert or ready to provide any advice... I'm wondering if something like the Tripltek 8" Pro tablet might be an option to consider? With 1,200 nits of brightness compared to the RC Pro with 1,000 nits, and a much larger screen, I've been considering this option for use with my Air2s.

Just thinking out loud with your cold weather comments.
How does the M2E compare with the M3 for cold environment flying ?
Heated batteries, proven performance of the M2 stability, but yeah the M3 flight time must be pushing your decision pretty hard.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom