Status
Not open for further replies.

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
I performed yesterday a range test on my Mavic 3 in sport mode with a battery that only has 1 cycle.
multiples spotters help me with this test. Thanks to my wife, daughter and friends.

The weather was perfect, 70 degrees, 1-3 Mph wind, The OccuSync3+ is incredible.
The video can be seen up to 5.1K

As you can see the battery is the limit. I may have archive another 1,000 FT but I don't want to push to much the first time without know the drone. I returned with 17% of battery left.

I need to test in normal mode but can be risky the return.

Enjoy the video !!

ADENDUM !!!! PLEASE READ BELOW !!! I have been reported to the FAA for my 30,000FT Range Test video. They leave me a comment in my YouTube channel asking for my email saying they need to talk to me. I google the agent name and found his email and phone number and I give then my information. They email me and then call me. FAA Orlando, contacted me to give me orientation about the rules of VLOS and altitude base in the rules below. I had to provide my drone registration and trust certificate. He was very professional, friendly and let me know the FAA intentions is give orientation to people flying drones and encourage continue with the hobby in a safety way. The first thing he mention was do not feel stress we are here to help and give orientation. I am keeping my video in my channel as orientation but as I mention before I am not intending to repeat the test again since I know now is violating the FAA rules. PLEASE DO NOT INTENT TO DO THIS !!! Reference: Code of Federal Regulation 107 https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-14...

SHOW LESS

Last edited:
Spotters in the trajectory of the flight keeping VLOS is legal yes. No binocular used. Just eyes keeping constant communication between all of them.

Reactions: jonatious
Spotters in the trajectory of the flight keeping VLOS is legal yes. No binocular used. Just eyes keeping constant communication between all of them.

Not sure where you got that information.....but it is not right...

1636823460654.png

This video by Greg from @pilotinstitute is lengthy ...but explains it in depth

Mavic 3 video at 46 mph looks really good. We dont see to many flights gunned at top speed let alone long distance.
Its good to see you back flying , the whole VLOS thing is a mess now.

Spotters are irrelevant at this stage as they cripple long distance flights of any kind. See what happens when you leave us Zeus , the FAA pukes up now and than.

Im getting use to just making big circles. 🤪

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Last edited:
Reactions: mavictk and VanP
I don't think it was ever any different...it was just clarified a few months back
Yep, : that clarification was the puke i was talking about, I to was fooled for while.

You know what they say , if you want to speed go to Germany
If you want to fly you drone far , go to a different planet.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain, Capture the Storm.

Well, that's surely impressive but I never get it, what is it really for (for the hobbyist)?😆
There's no way I am aware of that even a tenth of this range is within VLOS rules ... still DJI promotes it.

Good thing though, transmission for video and input is very stable (but I never had problems with any earlier DJI drone in this matter).

You know what they say , if you want to speed go to Germany
If you want to fly you drone far , go to a different planet.
😂

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I do not intend to repeat that test. Is a one time shot to see what the drone is capable to do. As someone mention, we don need 1/10 or that distance for what we do with the drone but is nice to know the capacity is there.

Like having a sport car. Having the capacity of go over 200Mph does not mean you are going to used but is nice is there.

That's not legal under Part 107 or the recreational exemption.

Reactions: bonzo and Coskier
Reactions: thispilothere
That's not legal under Part 107 or the recreational exemption.
Not doing it again after read the rule carefully. Rules has been changing. It was legal before. At least I did it in a safe place with spotters thinking the rule still apply in that way. If something went wrong only trees will be affected.

• Angry
Reactions: theDRONEranger
Not doing it again after read the rule carefully. Rules has been changing. It was legal before. At least I did it in a safe place with spotters thinking the rule still apply in that way. If something went wrong only trees will be affected.
Just to be completely clear - it has never been allowed under Part 107, the old Section 336 (Special Rule for Model Aircraft) or the current 49 U.S.C §44809 (Exception for limited recreational operations of unmanned aircraft).

Reactions: Howard70
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair