DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Range test - 30,000 ft - REPORTED TO FAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that was fast and far. Was that with the new controller as well?

I think definitely it would be able to go further in normal mode. But I guess you won’t be able to find out and share it here ;).
When the specs says max distance is 18km, there will be people who will be tempted to test it. Just like the kids test with lollies.

cool test thanks for posting, I'm sure in N mode you could make it way further. M3 is amaizing machine.

Interesting how when "big" YTbers are posting their range tests here none is questioning VLOS and eveyone is admiring them, but when guy with 500subs posts it he gets entire book thrown at him...

lets don't forget: rules are made to be broken...

Reactions: Lasidora
Thanks for your comments but I want to clarify that was not my intentions brake any rules.

I think if you just posted as is, instead of trying to claim you had spotters you may not of attracted as much flak, but who know. Lots of people here love to impress us all with their higher than thou attitude.
I dont condone rule breaking, but im also interested in real world testing. We are lucky here in Australia where we have some testing areas and can get approvals for such flights as long as we meet the requirements

What the.. If you can fly that far away, Why cant i?
A simple explanation for you
Two wrongs do not make a right.
It should not matter what others do. You know the rules and should follow them. Thats the best reason for you. I feel that you would not handle the consequences of an inncident/accident

It should not matter what others do. You know the rules and should follow them. Thats the best reason for you. I feel that you would not handle the consequences of an inncident/accident
I feel that his parents would not handle the consequences and if this kid is real and not some troll just trying to aggravate us he would simply blame the problem on someone or something other than himself. This kid is a prime reason for requiring you to be an adult with a drone license in order to purchase and fly a drone so that they can be held accountable when they screw up.

Mike

Reactions: DoomMeister
love the video.

Reactions: zeusfl
Answering the questions,
1- Returning, I did press return to home to point the drone in the correct direction, and the drone does not pass 28mph and I canceled and keep manually.

2- When the drone ask to return to home because the battery I let them take control again but I notice little late, was going up passing the 400ft (from the take off low ground) to 417ft even when when the drone ground level was below 400ft but I canceled the RTH and keep manually descending to 300ft. Also I keep descending and the bumps was the drone avoiding the trees. That's great.

3- The recording was spited in 7 files, 6 of them with 3.5GB and one with 2.5GB.
Why worry about 417 feet when you were already out of bounds?

Reactions: MARK (LI)
He obviously did NOT know the rules, violating 2 at least. Distance and VO’s.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
He obviously did NOT know the rules, violating 2 at least. Distance and VO’s.
The person i was replying to does know the rule. It was not aimed at the OP. You must not have read the thread correctly

Also, not sure there is rule relatec to distance. Its VLOS and this is not tied to a specific distance, but to the operation environment and your ability to maintain vision of the craft

The person i was replying to does know the rule. It was not aimed at the OP. You must not have read the thread correctly

Also, not sure there is rule relatec to distance. Its VLOS and this is not tied to a specific distance, but to the operation environment and your ability to maintain vision of the craft
My bad!

Reactions: AnzacJack
Great post! Really disappointed by all the people (Mod Removed Language)about VLOS in here though, this is not the place for you armchair police everyone...
I dont even care about VLOS...

Last edited by a moderator:
Risky with that lake being there on the way back with a range test like that! I would want to make sure I had a decent field in front of me for emergency landing should it not be able to make it back fully. Imagine if it got about 100' shy and just dropped. I always make sure to leave extra battery/time when flying over water should something happen I have a bit of a safety net to figure out my options.

It made it more interesting no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000