DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 The final design or just one of the concepts

Seraphim

Reactions
The concept seems to be technically thought out and therefore very realistic.
The technical layout is very interesting: all the sensors are located on the sides except the front ones, a retractable, easily replaceable camera. 360 degrees of view.
Battery probably 4S2P (18650 cells). I wonder how real this is???
Nuevo DJI Mavic 3
Mavic-3-Dronsa.jpg
video of this concept

Something I learned from Elon: The machines to build the drones our more difficult than the drone itself therefore when ever I see a new Design such as this I cannot put much faith into it as it does not make much business sense for a new mold and new machines.

If you just look at the Camera its wide open , so there is that nonsense also.

I think the Mavic 3 is simply going to be the Mavic 2 Updated with a Switch Camera and extra sensors on a Regular Mavic 2 Frame.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Float on water.

Reactions: TTP
What, in your opinion, is not thoughtfulness

The design is not Terrible but needs improvement

Lets assume the battery is going to follow the EVO 2 Pro where its long and inserts from the back.
That requires a new design and completely makes all other batteries obsolete.

So this design would require two new molds to be made , new machines , considering how long they kept the Phantom frame I just dont see it when
a good engineer could enhance what we have now without a new build

Now if they gave it a NEW name like MavTrek than we might have a New Design. :) :):p

Last edited:
So this design would require two new molds to be made
The new drone is not two injection molds, but 10 ... 15.Besides. DJI still needs to do something with Li_Po batteries. They are prone to deformation (swelling) and even destruction. Therefore, the Mavic mini has li-ion cells.

The new drone is not two injection molds, but 10 ... 15.Besides. DJI still needs to do something with Li_Po batteries. They are prone to deformation (swelling) and even destruction. Therefore, the Mavic mini has li-ion cells.

If they do come out with a New Battery Design or Concept , they will rename the Drone and it wont be the Mavic 3.
The problem is were really at a technology wall when it comes to batteries, and I dont think Ion cells are going to solve it yet.

What, in your opinion, is not thoughtfulness
Look at any drone that has a camera which rotates 360 degrees (Inspire, typhoon H) and you will see that the camera would have to centered under the frame and way lower than this, to have the arms and bottom of the drone out of view. This is just someone playing in a CAD program, who has no understanding of cameras and optics, nothing but clickbait.

to have the arms and bottom of the drone out of view
Perhaps, in this concept, the racks were not supposed to leave the field of view. this does not mean that the developer is unaware of this problem.
Perhaps this problem solution is the next step.
If you have noticed that the drone has a technological division into injection parts. This is a very time consuming and expensive job.
Not like primitive games in CAD / CAM / CAE applications.Although some incompleteness of this project is visible, but we do not know at what stage of design these pictures were made.

Perhaps, in this concept, the racks were not supposed to leave the field of view. this does not mean that the developer is unaware of this problem.
Perhaps this problem solution is the next step.
If you have noticed that the drone has a technological division into injection parts. This is a very time consuming and expensive job.
Not like primitive games in CAD / CAM / CAE applications.Although some incompleteness of this project is visible, but we do not know at what stage of design these pictures were made.
Or if they are truly valid and representative of DJI design process.

Or if they are truly valid and representative of DJI design process.
Design principle is the same for everyone - from general to specific. From solving big problems to small ones. I'm not sure if this is a DJI project at all. Maybe it's AUTEL or who else has a desire and money.

Design principle is the same for everyone - from general to specific. From solving big problems to small ones. I'm not sure if this is a DJI project at all. Maybe it's AUTEL or who else has a desire and money.
Not the point. No evidence from DJI that this design is even representative of theirs.

Reactions: Drone Master
Not the point. No evidence from DJI that this design is even representative of theirs.
Evidence will not be. What DJI will prove: That they invented a special position for sensors or not known principle of camera extension.

Quite right. How could the front legs that shape possibly fold back against the body?

Just click bait.
Also keep in mind that it is only a rendering from the artist/designer. Nothing else.
The thread is about concept. Definitely not the final or anything to do with DJI!?

Look at any drone that has a camera which rotates 360 degrees (Inspire, typhoon H) and you will see that the camera would have to centered under the frame and way lower than this, to have the arms and bottom of the drone out of view.
Actually the Inspire camera is at the nose of the aircraft just like this. D926EF6A-5559-4868-A45B-FEB347F8C66F.jpeg
I think it’s a neat idea to have the camera raise and lower out of the way of the landing gear.

Let’s be honest if before the inspire somebody said the entire airframe would raise and lower to get out of the way of the camera we’d call him an idiot because it would be so much easier to just raise and lower the camera than have the entire drone transform mid air.

Let’s be honest if before the inspire somebody said the entire airframe would raise and lower to get out of the way of the camera we’d call him an idiot because it would be so much easier to just raise and lower the camera than have the entire drone transform mid air.
Fresh thought. Is it more effective to move the camera relative to the drone or your legs relative to the camera? Since the drone is portable, it would not be rational to move its legs additionally in another direction. And the problem of getting legs into the camera view is not so critical for this line of drones. (this example is M2 or MA2) Actually this is a question of limiting a rotation of the camera. If desired, inspire and matrice can easily look at their legs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS