DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 versus Mavic 3E Camera

solidhouse

Reactions
Hello All,

Does anyone know if the Mavic 3E camera is the exact same as the Mavic 3 camera? I’ve notice that the Mavic 3E has a 56x hybrid zoom while the Mavic 3 has 28x.

If the cameras are the same, perhaps a future firmware update will allow the Mavic 3 56x zoom capabilities like the Mavic 3E?

Thanks,

SH

Hello All,

Does anyone know if the Mavic 3E camera is the exact same as the Mavic 3 camera? I’ve notice that the Mavic 3E has a 56x hybrid zoom while the Mavic 3 has 28x.

If the cameras are the same, perhaps a future firmware update will allow the Mavic 3 56x zoom capabilities like the Mavic 3E?
The cameras are superficially the same, but there are differences.
The mechanical shutter is a hardware difference that can never be replicated by firmware.

Reactions: Mike@Dragonfly
Its maybe 1 min difference as the Enterprise has strobe lights for night flights already installed. Mavic 3E has mechanical shutter with impressive 0.7 sec shutter speed else I would say the same (56x though zoom and it good). So for speed photos M3E is better overall all. Enterprise fly app I think is ...hmm grrr..

Reactions: Mike@Dragonfly
The M3E also does not have the same glass or access to Pro-Res or many other camera settings. Nor does it have access to things like Active Track or Quickshots. It's a great drone camera for Mapping or Inspections.. but the software doesn't really work for filming.

The M3E also does not have the same glass or access to Pro-Res or many other camera settings. Nor does it have access to things like Active Track or Quickshots. It's a great drone camera for Mapping or Inspections.. but the software doesn't really work for filming.
Hmm, Yes as they don't give Enterprise same software but Litchi and Dronelink looking into supporting Mavic 3 Enterprise as who know what for consumer. drones..

So you say not same glass ?
Mechanical shutter bad ?

Give SDk to all Mavic 3...

Thanks,

It's OK for static subjects, but not so good for moving subjects or with significant relative motion between the camera and subject.
Watch the video here:
I thought that the mechanical shutter prevented this - that rolling shutter was a result of the electronic shutters, and the mechanical shutter, on the M3E and similarly on the phantom 4's would prevent this? Or do i have this backwards? it seems to me that this fast mechanical shutter would be great for mapping missions as you could fly much faster.

Reactions: AtoZ
I thought that the mechanical shutter prevented this - that rolling shutter was a result of the electronic shutters, and the mechanical shutter, on the M3E and similarly on the phantom 4's would prevent this? Or do i have this backwards? it seems to me that this fast mechanical shutter would be great for mapping missions as you could fly much faster.
Sorry ... I was too quick typing.
The electronic shutter is the one that's OK for static subjects but not so good with movement.

Reactions: AtoZ
Sorry ... I was too quick typing.
The electronic shutter is the one that's OK for static subjects but not so good with movement.
Thanks, I thought I lost my mind..

Like this one as electronic can be good as hmm, what electronic..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11